How many times do you charge your phone a day?

How many times do you charge your phone a day?

1. 1

32 vote(s)
    43.8%
  2. 2

32 vote(s)
    43.8%
  3. 3

7 vote(s)
    9.6%
  4. 4 or more

2 vote(s)
    2.7%

Last Updated:

1. SirRicky85

SirRicky85 Member This Topic's Starter

How many times do you charge your Epic 4G a day?

On the day where I'm on the go and don't use it that much I charge my Epic 4G 2x a day. On a day I heavily (3-4hrs then charge) use it I charge it about 3x a day. What about you people?

Advertisement
  2. Herotech

Herotech Well-Known Member

Mostly just charge it once a day at night, but sometimes I'll charge it twice if I used it a lot that day. Three times per day is pretty ridiculous...

3. jim2point0

jim2point0 Well-Known Member

I don't charge it. Ever. I bought the extra battery + charger. I keep the extra with me when I'm not at home. If my battery gets < 10%, I swap it out. I put the drained battery on the charger when I get home and take it off when the light is green.

The extra battery is small enough so it's not an inconvenience to take it with me. The joy of never having to worry about battery life is worth it!

4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

I throw it on the charger when I go to bed. Sometimes I'm at 70%+ and sometimes I'm at less than 10%.

5. cruiser771

cruiser771 Well-Known Member

same here, and missed doing this a lot when I had my iphone. i always bought a spare battery in the past, small enough to carry, and no hanging around for the phone to have a sufficient charge. the battery also charges faster than the phone depletes it, so even if im using it heavily, the charging battery is always ready first

6. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Most of the time just once a day

7. Epicurean

Epicurean Well-Known Member

I charge in the morning but keep a hot spare with me at all times. I finally found a small belt-clip holder (black nylon) that I keep next to my Leatherman.

8. ijeggert

ijeggert Well-Known Member

I'm charging it now about once a day. Funny thing... removed the Task Killer, and let android do it's thing, better battery life.

9. idamann

idamann Member

I useed to have a spare battery when I had my knstinct, I miss that, maybe I should be going back to a spare battery, I use my phone heavily and work from my truck, so usually its on charge at night then down to less than 50% by noon and on the charger again in my truck

10. MissJennell

MissJennell Well-Known Member

I also have this spare battery with charger. I never have to worry about it. It has been so nice to never have to worry about my battery and if I'm gonna be by a wall outlet or my car one. Best $ I have ever spent on an accessory!

11. Jude72

Jude72 Well-Known Member

Can those who have a spare battery confirm if it's an authentic Samsung battery or whether it's a generic version bought from China on ebay? Just wondering how good the ebay batteries are. I know my husband had one for his old XDA years ago and it worked just as good as the authentic battery.

12. Epicurean

Epicurean Well-Known Member

I got mine from the Sprint store. It has the Samsung label on it and quite frankly, I no longer know which was the original. They both work the same, too.

Jude72 likes this.
  13. CoyoteBlue

CoyoteBlue Member

But, I use it extensively at work, on the train home, at home, etc...
    If I am going to be getting charge $10 a month for my 'experience' I am gonna be suckin down as much bandwidth as I can... ;)

14. MissJennell

MissJennell Well-Known Member

Mine is also from the sprint store. It works amazing.

Jude72 likes this.
  15. Aero1

Aero1 Well-Known Member

you can get the identical battery for considerably less than the sprint store.

First Sprint is only selling "Chinese made" batteries. tehy are all made there. More to the point not all, not even most of the Galaxy batteries on ebay or from checking products.google are knock offs. Most are legit, identical samsung branded. and in my experience, fresher (and that is better in lithium batteries) , than Sprint's stock.

Just choise a reputable seller and ask is it OEM (genuine samsung) or a generic replacement. again the fully genuine samsungs are available from scores of sellers,because it it is used in many models of samsung phones.

16. dainel2744

dainel2744 Member

i charge my phone once a day usually when i wake up. i also bought the samsung battery charger from sprint. i'm glad i did. my phone was gonna die on me while i was at school, so i just swapped batteries. very useful

17. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

I'm in and out of the car througout the day. If I'm in the car, it's charging.

18. yjjeeper_epicuser

yjjeeper_epicuser Member

Personally I charge mine when I go to bed and if I putz with it text/talk/browse heavily I'll throw it on the car charger while I'm out working in the afternoon. But mine comes off the charger at 5am and I don't get home until after 6pm.

So six hours of texting, browsing and making calls for work isn't too shabby in my book. I have no problem popping it on the charger while I'm out making my rounds. I have had my phone last from 5am to 10pm a few different times. Just with football season I'm checking stats and scores most of the day and checking up on news, etc.

19. iwillfearnoevil

iwillfearnoevil Well-Known Member

if i have plans for after work, then i'll charge after lunch via usb until i leave work and then all night on charger ... otherwise i just try make my overnight charge last the day ... i have car charger if necessary too ... i am trying to charge as least as possible ...

20. saxologist

saxologist Well-Known Member

I use app killer and juice defender (full)....turn off wifi and bluetooth unless in car....works for me