How many times have you dropped your N1?

Last Updated:

1. nhw

nhw Member This Topic's Starter

I was wondering how many times have you guys dropped your N1 and also how bad was the drop? Since I got mine, I have dropped it three times already which is due to me trying to have the phone close to me at all times.

All falls have been about 10-50cm on wooden floors and on the road. However I havent got a single scratch contrary to how fragile it is protrayed by people. I think the neoprene pouch that came with the phone saved me as it was in the pouch each time I dropped it.

Any stories to share? :D

Advertisement
  2. SnotF

SnotF Well-Known Member

2x, face down, on the corner of a metal baseboard heater from about two feet up.hard enough to leave two tiny indentations in the metal case. Still no damage to the touchscreen or the glass. No protection (case, condom, touchscreen cover) at all. Nexus one is win.

3. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

With the case...a half dozen times but nothing major, just pants pocket level drops. Without the case twice...both time I went to grab Nexus and due to the momentum and lack of a grip, it slide off my hand and crashed onto the wooden floor...table level...no damages done. I really wish it has a lanyard hole : < since then I'd feel safe for not accidentally dropping it...also as a 'fashion' statement. My friends have the cutest lanyard attachments that make me jealous that I can't have Hello Kitty on my phone.

4. inspiron41

inspiron41 Well-Known Member

3x with the protective case on. Once on a treadmill and it was flung backward on a carpet. and twice in a row (think i would learn my lesson) after trying to grab a milk bottle with the same hand that the nexus was in. No scratches. works fine!

5. RogerPodacter

RogerPodacter Well-Known Member

drop this phone? no way not even once so far! i dont even set it on a hard surface lmao, i put a piece of paper down first. maybe i'm OCD crazy heheh but i'd die if i dropped this thing.

6. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

If I put my phone down on the table, if it's not in the case, I have it lie ontop of it, lol. I don't want to scratch the screen nor the camera lense

7. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey Well-Known Member

Not dropped it yet *crosses fingers*.
    If on the table it rests on a cloth / the pouch / in the pouch.

If I drop it I'm planning to fling myself underneath it, secret service style..

8. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

i havent yet....i baby her the best i can. knock on wood

9. Gephorian

Gephorian Member

I've dropped mine about 10 times, maybe twice without the case. I have matching scuffs on the top two corners, but that's about it. Each time I drop it my heart skips a beat, but I look the phone over and heave a sigh of relief. It's a damn sturdy phone.