How many Wi-Fi networks can I connect to?

Last Updated:

1. reese637

reese637 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I'm about to purchase an HTC Desire after it comes out (I'm in Canada) and wanted to know if you can only set the phone to connect to one Wi-Fi network or if I can set multiple networks so the more places I go, like a friends house, I use less data.

Thanks for any help.

Advertisement
  2. htcdesired

htcdesired Member

im not really sure what you mean here, im assuming that your asking if your wifi can connect to networks where ever you go.

The answer is yes, where ever there is a wireless network you can connect to it. but you cannot connect to 2 wireless networks at once. So at home you can use your wifi, then when you go to your friends house, you can use his network.

reese637 likes this.
  3. reese637

reese637 Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you very much. What I meant was if the phone could remember more than one hotspot and then connect to it when it is identified so I don't have to keep going into settings and reconnecting to home, then to a friend's, then back to home.

4. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

Yes it can. I have 3 profiles set up which connect automatically when I'm near each access point.
    Don't need to go into settings to connect. Once the AP is set up it will connect automatically.

5. mjpartyboy

mjpartyboy Well-Known Member

I don't know what the limit of 'remembered' networks is, but I've currently got five remembered ones on my Desire.