How Much Bandwidth Is Being Used ???Support

Last Updated:

1. Crash27

Crash27 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Today I received a text message from Rogers saying my data usage is at 80% and it is only day 15, I was shocked at that high of an amount especially when I do not do any downloading, I have only had the X10 for just over a month and my previous LG Eve I never hit more then 50 to 80MB a month so my question is where is it gone ?????? I do not download anything, I have used the Market and downloaded maybe 10 apps, I have only used 11 minutes of talk time, I use facebook just to check my notifications, no games on it, other than that there is nowhere I would be using that much bandwidth up, I have a task killer which kills every process, I shut the phone off at night and I try to use the WiFi when I can, I called Rogers and they thought I had a iPhone due to the amount of usage but ended up giving me a free few months of bandwidth which is great for I can see if it keeps going, but my question is does anyone else have this issue with there X10? Or is there some apps that use a lot of net usage, I downloaded a few Net Monitors from the Market to see what they read before I end up calling Technical Support.

Advertisement
  2. chayo

chayo Member

Some apps sync automatically. Disable data connection to prevent phone from accessing your mobile network without your knowledge. Go to Settings > Wireless controls > Mobile networks. Unmark MMS & Data.

Enable it only when you need mobile internet access.

3. johnaachen

johnaachen Well-Known Member

Try "3g Watchdog" from Android Market:)

4. ryno1974

ryno1974 Well-Known Member

I have the same problem, mine was using in excess of 50mb per day. The Facebook and twitter auto update in timescape were the culprit I beleive. I have it down to around 20-25 mb per day, so a 1 GB plan would be OK. I am also with Rogers, and when I called them to find out what was going on they couldnt help e, although they were surprised at how much I was using. A Friend of mine has an iPhone, and he has used 5.5 GB in a year and a half. I was on pace to use that much in 2-3 months.

It is a data pig, and no one can explain it to me yet.