• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How much can I sell a used Sprint Hero for and what is a "clean ESN"?

Vesbon

Apr 24, 2010
I have finally had it with my Sprint HTC Hero. The thing is just not working for me. It works, but it is very slow and just not up to my high standards for a smartphone. I'm going to get an EVO. I'm up for an upgrade too and I found an EVO for $100 at Radio Shack (new).

How much can I expect to get for my Hero on E*bay? I was looking and some sold for $250, yet some went for $80. Why the huge price swing? What is a conservative price estimate for how much I could get for my Hero if I sold it used on E*Bay (I've had it for 6 months, it's in great condition, no scratches, and I have all the original packaging)? It is not rooted.

Also, what does "Clean ESN" mean? I know ESN means Electronic Serial Number, but what does "Clean" mean? If I sold mine could I say it was "clean"?

can't wait to get an EVO!

Thanks,
-v

Means the phone was not stolen, and it depends on how may are on eBay, and the condition, I would say between $100 to $150 would be my guess

I have finally had it with my Sprint HTC Hero. The thing is just not working for me. It works, but it is very slow and just not up to my high standards for a smartphone. I'm going to get an EVO. I'm up for an upgrade too and I found an EVO for $100 at Radio Shack (new).

How much can I expect to get for my Hero on E*bay? I was looking and some sold for $250, yet some went for $80. Why the huge price swing? What is a conservative price estimate for how much I could get for my Hero if I sold it used on E*Bay (I've had it for 6 months, it's in great condition, no scratches, and I have all the original packaging)? It is not rooted.

Also, what does "Clean ESN" mean? I know ESN means Electronic Serial Number, but what does "Clean" mean? If I sold mine could I say it was "clean"?

can't wait to get an EVO!

Thanks,
-v

Reactions: Vesbon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones