How much did you get your current and/or previous Metro phones for, and where?

Last Updated:

1. twogbsd

twogbsd Well-Known Member

I got the Samsung Messager III for $79 dollars at BestBuy, then the Admire for $89 at BB also, then the Motion for $139 also at BB.

What about you guys? ;)

Advertisement
  2. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

I got the Optimus M for free, (birthday present), at the time it was $100
    Got my motion for $50 :D
  3. ChristTheSon

ChristTheSon Well-Known Member

I got me and my wifes old phones ( 2 Esteems) from craigslist, then we both updated to our new phones ( 2 motion) for $150 each at walmart. You cant beat their insurance prices!
  4. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Well-Known Member

I got a Motion at Best Buy for $150, had it for a couple days and never could get FoGee on it so back it went. Got another Motion the next day for $150 at the Corporate store in Gainesville, Fl and got hooked up there just fine.

This ended up being just 10 days before the current big Motion sale. :(

Did some polite begging, pleading, bitching, and moaning on Metros FB page and got them to give me a free months service for the phone cost difference so I'm happy enough in the end with that.

Bruce in Ocala, FL
  5. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

$405, ebay
  6. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

7. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior Guide

I believe the S3, I'm pretty sure that's his current phone from previous posts
    sammyz likes this.
  8. Gman9831

Bought my motion @150 at the metro store, my current phone the S3 for $460 @the metro store
  9. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

My optimus was full price (ether $200 or $250?) with I think a 50 dollar rebate that I never got and my esteem was $379 when I bought it (still is)
  10. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

My wife and I got our Optimus M's, also at $200 with the $50 mir. We did get ours though. We got 'em in a corp store. The next ones were the OM+. I can't remember what we paid. Full price though with no mir. I bought mine from the same corp store, and my wife's from Wirefly. Now, hopefully sometime in the next 2-3 weeks, I'll be getting the Spirit 4G. I will probably be getting it from that same corp store again. :) Even with the $15 service fee, I think it's worth it. My wife doesn't want a new phone; she's happy with the OM+ and doesn't want to change. She doesn't want to have to learn a new phone, and get all her apps transfered and such. :D
  11. averagewonder

averagewonder Well-Known Member

443 after taxes for my S3 I belive at a metro store cause it was a hundred off.
  12. Spec2nirvash

Spec2nirvash VIP Member VIP Member

Optimus M - $150 MPCS.com on sale
    Huawei M835 - $11 on eBay :D
    LG Connect - $250 MPCS.com on sale
    LG Motion - $150 MPCS store
  13. jbugsmommie

jbugsmommie Member

I have had many phones with metro been with them on and off since 2008 my current phone is the Motiom paid $150 at a metro retail store. But I took over a persons bill and got a new number ect paid like $200 all together LOVE THE MOTION
  14. Gman9831

Lmao what kinda problem did it have?
  15. SouthFLpix

SouthFLpix Active Member

S3 for $300 from Wirefly's Black Friday sale. I was deciding between the Nexus 4 on T-mobile and the S3 on Metro. The Wirefly sale tipped me in favor of the S3.
  16. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

17. imSHAD

imSHAD Well-Known Member

Woah wirefly had a $300 S3 sale!? No chance of that happening again by any chance? :p
  18. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Maybe when the S4 comes out.
  19. Spec2nirvash

Spec2nirvash VIP Member VIP Member

Surprisingly nothing! There is some junk cell phone ebay store that was selling 15 M835 phones all at once, I was winning bid-warmonger in the last 10 seconds LOL... Came rooted with CWM and barely a scratch on it :D
  20. Gladiator2002

Gladiator2002 Member

what's covered, and how much was it? if you don't mind.
    I want to get The GS3 off Wierfly but want coverage for water damage which Wierfly insurance doesn't cover.
    I'm not sure if MetroPCS will let me add MetroGuard if I buy elsewhere. anyone know?
  21. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Well-Known Member

You might want to add Square Trade to the recon list too for warranties.

I have one with them for my laptop. (Soon to end) I think they cover most any damage and have wetness coverage.

It's been a couple years but when I researched it out then, I was shocked at how positive the reviews were for them. Most warranty companies have all kinds of disappointed people raising cane on the innertubes. Most all the Square
    Trade customers seemed happy.

The only thing they care about is that you can show having owned it less than 30 days (I think) before you get the warranty.

Bruce in Ocala, FL
    Gladiator2002 likes this.
  22. Kaiser17

Kaiser17 Well-Known Member

LG Optimus M - $130
    Samsung Galaxy Indulge 4G - $400 (Got it when it came out, if I truly ever wasted money on anything.. it was this phone)
    Samsung Admire - $100
    Coolpad Quattro 4G - $89

Spent about 730 on cell phones in 2 years and thats not including the tax, who am I kidding.. im no millionaire.. gotta stop this hobby.

Getting the Motion soon.
  23. cubone

cubone Well-Known Member

update: LG Spirit - $269(waiting for $70 rebate ) Retail Store
  24. Rinnosuke

Rinnosuke Member

Touch Pro $240 including the flash
    Indulge $400 (What Kaiser said about it as well)
    Galaxy S3 $500
  25. ChristTheSon

ChristTheSon Well-Known Member

Gladiator, it covers everything but your phone Being stolen and cost 15$ per phone and covers for 2 years.