1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

How much did you pay for your G1?General

1. HTC

HTC Well-Known Member

without activation? I just got mine for $405 no tax from an asian cellphone store. Whats the cheapest price they have out there?

Advertisement
  2. GelezzOnezNV

GelezzOnezNV Member

$179 new customer price
  3. killer3160

killer3160 Well-Known Member

4. ckthunda

ckthunda Member

Paid 423.00 that was with the tax in baltimore
  5. mkde

mkde Member

Technically I haven't paid anything yet as the charge has thus far not shown up on my bill. :confused:

I had to go with $300 option, though, because I had already "upgraded" to the HTC Wing about seven months ago. What a waste of money that was.
  6. GelezzOnezNV

GelezzOnezNV Member

They tried to pull that $300 on me, and I got upset and threatened to leave! :rolleyes: $179!!!
  7. RyanM

RyanM Member

Too much, but its worth it :D
  8. Syrax

Syrax Well-Known Member

$317.99 before taxes kicked my ass . . . 1 year contract though. Sorry I can't do 2 years.
  9. cubby27

cubby27 Member

I had "upgraded" to a run-of-the-mill Motorola V90 earlier this year, and T-Mobile quoted me a $299 price for the G1. I paid it.

I should have threatened to cancel our service, but it would have been completely empty -- my wife and I have no desire to leave T-Mobile.

So far it seems to be worth the $299.
  10. s2kver02

s2kver02 New Member

Free if you work for T-mobile....

I have 2 Bronze G1 brand new in box.
  11. porquepine

porquepine Well-Known Member

$299.99 Plus applicable Sales Taxes. I used a partial upgrade. My spouse is going to be able to get a full upgrade on November 11th ($179.00)
  12. blazinyella

blazinyella Active Member

lmao i threatened to leave too..paid $179..i get all my phones buy threatening to leave....lol
  13. Flatman

Flatman Well-Known Member

After some "convincing", I got mine for $179, even though I was not up for a full upgrade yet. I had to go through the customer loyalty department to get that override...
  14. magicoemy2kx

magicoemy2kx New Member

Hi HTC,
    i'm Italian i I would like to buy a G1. that is the asia website where i can buy it at 400$USD?
    Thanks a lot
  15. yunlin12

yunlin12 Member

Upgraded with $179 price from T-Mo. I'm at the end of my 22nd month on my last 2 year contract. The timing is great, only if T-Mo's inventory cooperated. At least the Walmart hadn't started carrying it at the rumored $148 price in store yet. That would've driven me crazy.
  16. Poundex

Poundex Member

Nothing:) Came free with (
  17. busipaln

busipaln New Member

Same Here

Free of Charge, just had to sign a
  18. devolio

devolio Well-Known Member

Way too much. No contract, full retail.
  19. Trauma Hawk

Trauma Hawk Member

179.00 with upgrade or 2 year contract:(
  20. $150 with free bluetooth eargear an' all the fixins. Nyc tmobile / att resellers. Of course the two year contract.... and I agreed to do the unlimited data plan....yeeeeHaw, streaming music! (But where is my pandora? Alas a flash interface....)
  21. GMONEY

GMONEY Member

I paid 179 each. I got two though.
  22. scho

scho Member

Got mine free as an upgrade, They wanted over
  23. franlofter

franlofter Member

$139 1 Year contract
  24. niftydl

niftydl Member

$260 from a local craigslist. Unlocked and running on ATT. The girl wanted her Sidekick again.. haha! :D
  25. richard7791

richard7791 Member

Traded my blackberry 8230 curve that I paid 23 dollars for after rebate plus 180 cash = 203 dollars. Not bad!