• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How much did you pay for your phone?

How much did you pay?

• $0-49

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • $50-99

Votes: 17 13.1%
  • $100-150

Votes: 30 23.1%
  • $151-200

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • $200-250

Votes: 13 10.0%
  • No Contract $350-500

Votes: 20 15.4%

• Total voters
I was in the AT&T store, and someone had a phone with a problem that they told them they couldn't help them. They were polite about it and all, but they simply told them that they're competitors with the online places, and don't offer support.

I know I could have paid less elsewhere, but I've been back to the store several times and they were very helpful each time.

Anyway, I don't want people to get the idea they'll just help out anybody, and that there is the potential to get denied if you get it online somewhere.

What if you bought it at one AT&T store and took it to another one when you have problems?

And who has experiences with this 1 year AT&T warranty?

Upvote 0
Roughly $75.00ish. Initially through the store I paid $150.00ish, then when the prices through other sites like wirefly and letstalk where significantly lower, I called into customer support and complained. My rational was, I've been a long time customer and I haven't been troublesome (ie, I get my contract and phone then they do not have to deal with me for a few years and I pay on time.)

Upvote 0
I was in the AT&T store, and someone had a phone with a problem that they told them they couldn't help them. They were polite about it and all, but they simply told them that they're competitors with the online places, and don't offer support.

I know I could have paid less elsewhere, but I've been back to the store several times and they were very helpful each time.

Anyway, I don't want people to get the idea they'll just help out anybody, and that there is the potential to get denied if you get it online somewhere.

That's exactly why I want to buy from AT&T directly. With phones now-a-days, I prefer to have a good warranty on them. That for me is worth the extra $50-100.

What if you bought it at one AT&T store and took it to another one when you have problems?

And who has experiences with this 1 year AT&T warranty?

As long as you bought it from AT&T.com or an actual AT&T store, any of them should help you.

My brother bought his BB Bold through AT&T. He's on his 4th replacement (they even upgraded from the older Bold to the new one as well). Once he calls and tells them the issues, they send him a new phone, then ask that he returns his phone in the prepaid box. No questions asked.

People have issues with AT&T but their warranty support is great. Through other retailers, I can't comment as they don't support the product after 30 days - they say Samsung does.

Upvote 0
I don't know about typically. This was my only experience. I tried to order from Amazon (for $89, as this was back during launch week) but because, after placing my order, I called AT&T to double check that I was gonna clear the credit check -- I did -- Amazon's computer's decided that I was actually an EXISTING AT&T customer. It took three days of calling Amazon, being promised that they were gonna get it sorted, and finally being told that even though it made no sense, there was nothing they could do to override the system's verdict.

So that's the tale I related to the dude at the AT&T store, honestly more as a "So, that sucks" story than anything else. But when he rang me up, it was at half price. Which I thought was nice of him.

Do AT&T B&M stores typically let you haggle them down a bit on renewals or just new contracts?

Upvote 0
AT&T customer in good standing and business acct member. $163 w/upgrade and activation fee waived.

:eek:

Hahaha, I was just kidding around. I did a walk in to AT&T (was having issues ordering online with my "unlimited" + family plan) and got it for $199 with the regular fees. Plus I kind of liked the idea that if it had any issues I could just swap out for 30 days.

I wound up calling CS and moaning about the price and got the same two fees waived as you so I guess my final price is/was the same as yours.

:)

Upvote 0
Free on LetsTalk.com with upgrade. Came with car charger as well.

Had battery issues with my first one and since I live in Fort Worth, and their business is right down the street I went down there and they swapped it out for me with a new one no problem! They were super polite and very helpful... Sucks that some folks have not had a good experience with them.

My phone works great! GPS and all... Love that I got such a sweet phone for FREE!!!! :)

Upvote 0
Premier, 372.99 (minus taxes)

Did they try and extend your contract? I noticed my upgrade had moved ahead 2 years, called them and they told me that 372 price was an early upgrade, yet online it clearly states no commitment.

First girl I talked to told me that there was nothing they could do, she said it was entered in the computer as an early upgrade, so that was it. I asked to speak to her supervisor, and they kept me on hold for 35 minutes. I hung up and called back, second guy was a little better, they finally reversed the upgrade. I told them that in the store the captivate was 275 for an early upgrade, so why would I pay an extra 100. They are idiots.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones