3.3%
  4. I dont use it much

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Last Updated:

1. Buck Shot

Buck Shot Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i use the shit out of mine....need to charge up again mid day

and yes i did make the same thread on xda... im just curious to how much u guys use it

Advertisement
  2. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

Almost constantly. Enjoying Flash web games on it now too.

3. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

I use it 'a lot', it lasts for 24 hours before I need to charge it. I have noticed that after I got my N1...I don't use it as a 'normal phone' as much, more like 'a mini laptop' XD I don't feel the N1 is 'enjoyable' at making phone calls (get a lot of DC and low speaker volume is *blah*)

4. TOR

TOR Well-Known Member

It's almost an extension of me, I use it all the time, for a browsing, ad-hoc photos, searching, whatever.

5. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor

between a lot and a shit amount, mostly ill get about 18 hours from the battery, but there are days that I need to pull the charger out or switch batteries. Roze said it best, its a mini computer for me that can make phone calls

6. Buck Shot

Buck Shot Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

u runnin any specific kernel to get that battery life?

7. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

An undervolted kernel, I'd guess. When I had one on, the phone seemed to last forever even under heavy use. It resulted in odd touchscreen problems, though, so I went back to a stock voltage one.

8. Roze

None XD just good ol' vanilla Eclair. I only use 2G and WIFI, so I'm thinking that's the main reason why I have decent battery life. Well my phone is on standby for the night so maybe 2-3% battery drop. I usually listen to music for 2-3 hours (commute and @ lunch) ...couple of hours playing games and surfing the net and less then an hour on the phone would last me a full day and I usually have 20% battery left.

I notice if I don't use my phone to talk, I get more battery life (a day and a half). I usually use the talk time as a benchmark of how good my battery is. I can get MAX 4 hours talk on my phone (2 hours and it uses exactly 1/2 of the battery)

9. Schwin97

Schwin97 Well-Known Member

All the time while at work downloading/listening to podcasts, possibly catching up on some tv shows off the web, or streaming audio. Don't worry about the battery since i have it plugged in pretty much all day as well.

10. Ryjabo

Ryjabo Well-Known Member

I use it for texting (ShapeWriter), Facebook, and it's my primary music player. Was very happy to sell the iPod. I have a 16gb micro-sd and that's plenty for my music, with the occasional last.fm and Pandora.

I have a few games that are massively addicting: Jewels, Armored Strike.

11. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member

My Nexus One has replaced Every Single One of my electronics:

1) TV/DVD - I watch all my favorite TV shows & movies on my N1 now w/ flash. I thought it'd be hard to watch on a smaller screen but I am comfortable w/ it now since I hold it close so the screen size versus a TV is negligible.

2) Video Gaming - The N1 has all the emulators + a Wiimote which takes care of all my gaming needs.

3) Laptop - On the N1 I surf the web, keep track of emails, and type reports for my college classes with Documents to Go + Bluetooth keyboard.

4) Camera - No more need for a bulky camera.

5) Voice recorder - N1 has voice recording app to handle any college lectures I need to record.

6) TomTom GPS - No more need for a GPS that doesn't even include traffic like my N1 does for FREE.

7) iPod touch - Already loaded up my music on my N1 so I dont need another device in my pocket to worry about.

8) Phone - of course, I had to include this. ;)

I'm almost to the point of selling all my things (laptop, TV, camera, voice recorder, GPS, iPod touch) since I am a minimalist and hate to keep things around that I dont use anymore, a.k.a. Clutter.

It blows my mind how good the N1 is... :eek:

12. Roze

@ap3604 and how long does your battery last if you use it that much o_O It sounds like it's in some kind of socket for most of the day, lol.

13. chaz_uk

chaz_uk Well-Known Member

Constantly using mine. I'd be lost without it now!

14. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member

I don't know if you ever seen the show "Intervention" or "Addiction" but I always have the fear my family is going to call that show on me to get me into a Nexus One detox program ;)

15. outoffocus

outoffocus Well-Known Member

Screen time has not increased. Just changed from 95% computer 5% phone (pre N1) to about 50/50 computer/N1. Like many on this thread I think of my N1 more as a mini computer.

16. Roze

This is something that I find my friends don't understand when I tell them I drop close to $700 for the phone. They'd be like :eek: and think I'm crazy. And when I tell them that my phone is as powerful as a laptop with a 1Ghz processor and I can do anything on it and more than I can on my laptop . Their responses: it's still not a laptop or what's wrong with using your laptop -_-;

17. sourmilk

sourmilk Well-Known Member

if i had to give up either my laptop or my N1, i would probably give up my laptop.

18. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

I use mines a good amount. not overly excessive , but a decent amount