How much does it cost to replace screen?General

Last Updated:

1. dportal2006

dportal2006 Well-Known Member

Dropped my N7. Shattered screen :(

Is there a local store that can fix it??

Advertisement
  2. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Wow, really sorry dportal. It looks like its not cheap.

Google Nexus 7 LCD and Digitizer Assembly

I'm not sure what kind of store to do it locally.

You could also try calling Asus for a price or someone like (link removed by EM, 1/13/2013 by site request, they no longer have it)
  3. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Well-Known Member

I think Asus will be your best bet as high demand as that tablet is right now. I just dont see Asus shipping out spare parts to anyone yet. I would not trust ebay at all for a part like that this soon after being released.

Also worse worse case might try selling it as a parts model with no screen. As new as it is I could see a tinker or perhaps a repair shop wanting it. There obviously not going to pay top dollar thought so last resort.
  4. DanielM426

DanielM426 Well-Known Member

Ouch. Sorry to hear about that. The only people I would trust to fix it are Asus. I wouldn't dare trust a third party since the tablet is still new
  5. dportal2006

For $130 dollars I'll rather buy a new tablet. I'm going to call ASUS tomorrow.
  6. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Hopefully you can get it repaired cheaper by Asus.

If you do, or get another one, you might consider insurance. If my replacement is working I think I will. Seems like a good price for 2 years. Its only available for tablets not older than 30 days, which would be all of us right now.
  7. dportal2006

Man and to think my case is probably arriving in a couple of days. I am very frustrated.
  8. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Well-Known Member

Wow that is 10x's better then Best buy there 2 year accidental for the Galaxy Tab 2 is 155 according to there CS. I wanted to laugh at them so hard since a new one would be 100 dollars more.
  9. godsdragon

godsdragon VIP Member VIP Member

Aww.. Sorry to hear about that dportal... I think you may want to call Asus or Google and see if they work with you on that... Good luck...
  10. xrae

xrae Well-Known Member

I got a SquareTeade warranty the day I bought my N7. Not gonna trust my klutzy self.

To the OP ... sorry about your screen.