How much dust is needed to return phone

Last Updated:

1. Papoise

Papoise Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have dust under my screen a small amount do I need to get a new phone or what or can they just replace the screen. Thanks. How much dust is needed in order to get ur phone replaced.

Advertisement
  2. dodgerbluehero

dodgerbluehero Well-Known Member

i took mine into a sprint store with a repair center. the lady took apart my phone and cleaned it for me it was pretty fast. Not sure exactly what she did but hey it worked for me

3. elitenoob

elitenoob Member

So it was pretty much free? Kinda like how you can take your glasses and get it repaired for free at a lens store.

4. tazcollins

tazcollins Well-Known Member

After I had mine for three months I noticed some dust under the bottom left corner. Took it to my Sprint store. No fix but they cleaned it. Came back in about an hour and picked it up. Looked good and no charge. They will do it again anytime I need it cleaned. Great service and good phone. TC

5. armandov99

armandov99 Well-Known Member

I got a little hassle from the door greeter saying it'd cost $50 to replace a housing. Luckily a guy helped me out who knew what I wanted done. However, when he took it apart, he left a small gash inside the screen that now looks rainbow-like (a small but annoying dot) when white is on screen.

In addition, my trackball doesn't scroll right now and my physical buttons don't work unless you push SUPER hard and they don't click.

AND, he somehow ruined my 8GB card. Took it out and set it on the counter while doing the cleaning, but when I put it back in, it said it needed formatting. Tried on the PC and it only gets recognized by my PC as a 32mb card, and fails formatting. I guess it's fried somehow??

Luckily he ended up ordering me a replacement. He said if I wanted I could take it or transfer the screen only. Guess I'll be taking the refurb :( Oh, well...selling it on eBay anyway when the Evo is in my hands...

I probably would have been better off shipping it to HTC when I switched to the Evo then selling the HTC-Fixed phone! Totally regret taking it in.

6. Lozer_Kid

Lozer_Kid Well-Known Member

Dust under the screen? How is that possible? o_O