How much extra would you pay for a phone with 32 GB of internal memory?

How much extra would you pay for an Android phone with 32 GB of internal memory?

1. $5 to $50

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. $50 to $100

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. $100 to $200

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. More than $200

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I'm happy enough with 256 MB internal user space that I wouldn't pay for more.

10 vote(s)
    50.0%

Last Updated:

1. ssstraub

ssstraub Member This Topic's Starter

The product I have in mind is a Android phone with 32 GB of internal storage, plus the usual microSD expansion slot.

Advertisement
  2. ssstraub

I voted $100-$200 because a 32 GB microSD costs $150 (if you can even find one!) and this would leave open the card slot for additional use later. :)

3. Rix

Rix Banned

$0. I don't want more memory. It will make the phone physically larger and heavier.

4. El Blacksheep

El Blacksheep Well-Known Member

this, somewhat. 1-2 GB of internal memory wouldn't hurt the bottom line cost / size / weight too much, but 32 GB just inflates everything.

5. ssstraub

The poll isn't about size or weight (the Droid already weighs a lot more than the 32 GB iPhone), it's about how much would you pay for 32 GB in your Android phone. 32 GB fits on a single chip. Haven't you seen the internals of modern phones? It's even smaller than a microSD card.

You wouldn't pay up to $50 for 32 GB of internal storage? :eek: That's unbelievable to me, but I'll accept that's your opinion.

You know this is the exact same response I'd get if I was to post a poll at an Apple-biased forum about "how much they'd pay for an external storage slot in addition to the internal memory." :(

I guess I'll go over to howardforums where at least there's fans on every side instead of just one side.

Adios.

6. DanSan

DanSan Well-Known Member

i still think 16gb is way too much, i will never make a dent in it. i wish they made it so the application memory was at least 1gb.

7. Rix

Rix Banned

cool story bro

8. kabbie_mcfeely

kabbie_mcfeely Well-Known Member

Not trying to bust your bubble, but your last choice on the poll is not correct for all Android Os phones. I think the G1 only has about 70ish MB internal memory.

Also, are you asking how much for the whole phone or how much extra for that much added to said phone ?

By the way my G1 has 54mb internal and 2.38GB avalible for apps.
    Root and custom ROMs are the only way to go!!!!!!

9. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Well, I have a Droid, which has a 16GB card in it. I wouldn't pay anything for a 32GB card, because I barely use any of the internal storage anyway. There are so many ways for me to access video/audio/pictures on the web or through apps, I see no need to physically copy things from my computer to my phone.

10. Benmann71

Benmann71 Member

I would pay the entire unlocked retail price to be able to get and android phone with 32 GB of internal memory, i would be even be happy with 4,8, and 16 GB.

Android will never get any games that are any where as nice as the Iphone games with only 256 Mb of memory.:mad: