How Much is 2GB?

Last Updated:

1. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

Since mobile hotspot only allows 2GBs per month of data... how much is that exactly? Obviously, I wouldn't be watching Youtube, Netflix, and other data intensive sites... just basic internet surfing.

2. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

1,024MB in 1GB and most pages even heavy ones (with lots of pics, videos) don't go over 3-6MB at the most. That's just a rough estimate but you should be fine browsing all month.
  3. condog

condog Well-Known Member

with basic surfing you will be fine. but yah streaming any kind of movie or making large downloads all the time will kill that 2gigs pretty quick. I just have a regular data plan on my droid and I go over 4gigs easy(weird cuz i use wifi mostly).
  4. Nabraham

Nabraham Well-Known Member

4 gigs? Goodnight what are you doing with the Droid? I normally go over 1 gig every month and the most i've done is 3.5 gigs. But that was with tons of NFL network watching, pandora, and other apps.
  5. condog

condog Well-Known Member

i honestly have no idea. i guess it just adds up. i would guess the constant downloading of roms that are usually 80mbs or more plus kernels...and themes...
  6. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

2gig ~ 2 billion characters :)
  7. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Ok, the way I understood it was we would get an extra 2 gigs of data. That to me sounds like it will probably be an extra 2 gigs on top of their normal tethering package which is 5 gigs. I don't know if I'm right, but I hope so!
    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  8. gsxr600

gsxr600 Active Member

My thought was that over the Droid X and through regular tethering, the phones 'limit' is 5gb
    If you active the hotspot feature, while you're using that is when you start eating into the 2gb.
    That's my thought and what I picked from the way it was worded.