How much is everyone paying for the Galaxy S4?General

Last Updated:

1. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Well-Known Member

I got a tweet from Sprint about ordering the Galaxy S4 and I clicked on it and it's up to order for $149.99. Is that the original price or did they lower it?

Edit: Never mind. It turns out that you have to be a new customer in order to get the extra $100 off.

2. jejb

jejb Well-Known Member

It's $149 if you get a new line of service or bring a line in from another carrier. Otherwise, $249
  3. RajCaj

RajCaj Well-Known Member

Mine was $199 @ AT&T (contract renewal)

I heard on several forums (and was confirmed by the AT&T rep that helped me out) that the original price for AT&T was $249, but dropped it down to $199 after getting bad feedback from the user community.

I imagine the HTC One, with 32GB of memory, being offered at $199 was a motivator as well.
  4. Poweranimals

I'm waiting on Radio Shack to get it in, because they're supposed to be selling it for $100 cheaper. Maybe there are some other places too?
  5. ParishL31

ParishL31 Well-Known Member

Paid $629 for mine. Uncarrier on T-Mobile, no more subsidized phones. Figured I'd just pay it off instead of doing monthly payments.
  6. Shocky

Shocky On Probation

7. Poweranimals

So I went on Radio Shack and Walmart's websites and the phone is much more expensive on Sprint as opposed to AT&T. I don't get why it's so darn expensive with Sprint. Maybe this is only a temporary thing?
  8. yousmell

yousmell Member

9. sntaylor

sntaylor Well-Known Member Contributor

10. SAL8116

SAL8116 Well-Known Member

Good to know. Thanks!
  11. bobby2478

bobby2478 Well-Known Member

Sprint is dumb to charge current customers up for a renewal $250 for the 16gb GS4 when every other carrier sells it for $200. They give new customers $100 off knocking it down to $150, but that doesn't mean anything to upgrading customers. I could see $250 for the 32gb version, but not the 16gb one.

What's especially dumb is the 16gb is already 1/2 full out of the box, so you only have 8gb free. Why would I pay an extra $50 on Sprint to upgrade to the GS4, only to have to spend even more for a micro SD card so I could have more then 8gb free space?

I'm hoping it's only temporary until this $100 for new customer promo runs its course. I'm not in a huge rush to get one, especially if I have to spend more then the usual $200 for an upgrade.
  12. bobby2478

bobby2478 Well-Known Member

Possibly. Of course that didn't have any impact on Sprint pricing theirs at $250 for 16gb.
  13. sugaman1

sugaman1 Active Member

Wal-Mart 168.88 SamsClub 148.99
  14. Poweranimals

What's your provider?
  15. Cherbstlcfd

Cherbstlcfd Member

Amazon lowered their price for existing sprint customers from 249 to 199.
  16. Poweranimals

Can you post a link to that?
  17. ParishL31

ParishL31 Well-Known Member

18. Poweranimals

Wow.. It's saying "Usually ships between 2-4 weeks." Really?
  19. Cherbstlcfd

Cherbstlcfd Member

I placed my order on 4/25 when it was $249. I noticed today that it was $199 so I called Amazon and they changed my price to the new $199 price. The estimated delivery date is still set for May 1, but it still has not shipped. I will let yall know if when I get it.
  20. Poweranimals

I placed an order and it says "May 30th" is the estimated delivery. I don't know if it's a mistake or what. I may end up canceling it, but I think I'll leave it for now.
  21. cary328is

cary328is Well-Known Member

I paid the $599 off contract price. Like a boss. LOL
  22. GatorfanDroid

GatorfanDroid Well-Known Member

Rich some of monkey.
  23. R=G

R=G Well-Known Member

Ended up $215..$58 in taxes....for some reason existing customers have to pay $25 overnight shipping while new customers get free overnight.
  24. Cherbstlcfd

Cherbstlcfd Member

Still has not shipped, but still says the delivery date is May 1.
  25. The Absolute

The Absolute Well-Known Member

Maybe the magical shipping fairy will drop it off under your doormat tomorrow.