• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how much is your total monthly cellular phone bill? (all lines/everything).

your total monthly cell. bill? (all lines, etc.). multiple choice.

• less then $100

Votes: 54 39.1%
  • $100 - $130

Votes: 25 18.1%
  • $130 - $160

Votes: 22 15.9%
  • $160 - $190

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • $190 +

Votes: 27 19.6%
  • 1 line

Votes: 32 23.2%
  • 2 lines

Votes: 20 14.5%
  • 3 lines

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • 4 lines

Votes: 13 9.4%
  • 5 lines +

Votes: 9 6.5%
  • no cellular phone (not sure why im on this site).

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • verizon suks.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • at and t suks.

Votes: 28 20.3%
  • t-mobile suks.

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • sprint suks.

Votes: 8 5.8%

• Total voters
$205 a month to Verizon for 3 Droids and 2 dumb phones.
1400 minutes family share
3 lines w/unlimited data
1 line with $10 texting (non-Droid, Droids use GV - yay!)
20% discount through my employer

I recoup money for one of the dumb phones that my friend is using and am supposed to be getting money for one of the Droids but my sister keeps, conveniently, forgetting to pay me :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
:eek: OK fried, where do you live? I want to move there NOW!!! That's like a DREAM plan for me!!! lol
The UK, so it works out at about 41 Canadian dollars.

It's a 2 year contract, which I wasn't that happy about at first, but that included a free Desire and HTC car charger.

Do US/Canadian plans count incoming calls as part of your monthly quota? If so, that's another thing that might make you envious, because in the UK only outgoing calls are counted. :p

Upvote 0

It's a 2 year contract, which I wasn't that happy about at first, but that included a free Desire and HTC car charger.

Do US/Canadian plans count incoming calls as part of your monthly quota? If so, that's another thing that might make you envious, because in the UK only outgoing calls are counted. :p

They do, but since I use Google Voice for all non Verizon mobile to mobile calls, I only use 0 regular minutes per month. I do have to have GV set as a Friends and Family number however.

Kratos

Upvote 0

Haha...I figured as much!

Canadian carriers not only charge for both incoming and outgoing calls...you get charge for incoming text messages too!!!

Upvote 0
I have 2 lines with everything unliimited and 1500 minutes, but with any mobile anytime, nights and weekends at 7 we use maybe 400 anytime a month. I have an EVO 4g and the wife has Samsung Instinct, both have insurance and I pay the extra 10 charge for 4g Bill is 165 and some change a month.

Looking at Verizon If I got 2 droids on a family plan with 1400 minutes with unlimited text and Unlimited data on both handsets 179.97 that is without adding anything just the talk and text 1400 and the unlimited data on 2 handsets, **** that Sprint same plan is 1500 minutes and unlimited everything else for 129.99 that is a big difference.
I am so glad I stuck with Sprint, cause the other carriers seem to want to bankrupt people for cell phone service.

Upvote 0
Rogers: (carrying the voice plan since 2002 lol)
200 min + 6pm-7am, week-end unlimited + call manager - 25$
2500 txt + visual voicemail + caller id - 15$
6gb dataplan - 30$
everything w taxes - around 90-95$/month

What's the difference between visual voicemail and voicemail? What's call manager?

My friend actually negotiated for the 6GB data and got it for $20 :< I have learnt my lesson that with Rogers...you can negotiate for EVERYTHING!

Mine:
$20 for 300 minutes + unlimited evening
$5 value pack: evening starting @ 6pm, caller id, 2500 txt, voicemail (negotiated when I resigned my contract)
$30 for 6GB data plan
$7.70 Rogers service charge
total before tax: $62.70
total after tax: $70.85

Upvote 0
One Million Dollars!!!

141108.jpg

Upvote 0
1 Line
Bell Canada

Smart 65 Unl5 - 36M - $65.00
Includes:
  • 200 minutes Usage
    3 Way Calling
    Call Waiting
100 Bonus Minutes - $0.00
National Fab Five - Talk & Text - $0.00
Windows Email & Internet 1GB - $0.00

100 CDN Long Distance - $12.00

SPC Premium Smartphone - $7.00 ** Insurance **

Bundle 15 - $15.00
Includes:
  • Call Display
    Message Centre
    Incl. Messages
    Unlimited Incoming Messages

HST (Telecomm included) - $11.88

Total $110.88 a month on a 3 year contact

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones