• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How much longer will you keep your EVO 4G?

Who is upgrading to the LTE and who is staying Old School?

• Going to upgrade to the EVO LTE and not look back.

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Staying with the Original EVO, still kicking butt!

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
for those that blindly jumped to the Photon - do you miss your EVO at all?

i've read lots of bitching about the Photon's window screen display.

I went to the EVO 3D first and even though I like the 3D and loved the speed, I had constant problems with weak radios, phone reboots and general software crashes. People in my office with EVO 4G had way better signals than I. One other person I work with suffers from a weak radio in his 3D as well.

I had never even considered the Photon and then someone told me how good their signal is so I gave it a shot. WOW! The Photon is by far my favorite phone I had ever owned. This phone is fast, smooth and stable. I don't miss Sense 3.0 at all.

Motorola has already released 2 updates for the phone since launch and a rumored 3rd is heading our way with Video for GTalk.

To answer your question about the screen display....I don't see an issue

Upvote 0
Photon was extremely worth it to move away from the EVO (as well as HTC after having 3 HTC phones in the past few years). The benefit of having more internal storage and a faster processor as proven wonders for my needs and Motorola is living up to expectations as far as battery life is concerned. I never had the same battery life issues that many experienced with the EVO, but with the MoPho, I'm also not as afraid to use my phone a lot and be concerned that I won't have a phone (for emergency situations) due to the battery being dead.

Upvote 0
Well, I don't have many posts on this forum, but I can officially say that I am pre-ordering the iPhone 4s tomorrow. It's been a great run and a great time with this powerful phone. However, it's time for me to say goodbye next Friday.

HTC EVO June 4, 2010 - October 14 2011

I wonder how many more of these there will be?

Upvote 0
I wonder how many more of these there will be?

I considered jumping ship over to the iPhone 4S too, but I'm just going to hold out a little longer with my EVO 4G. Don't want to be stuck for another 2 years with a device that's already (aesthetically) 16 months old.

Going to keep my eye out for whatever ICS device with LTE Sprint will have down the line. Hoping for a Nexus device!

Upvote 0
I was planning on getting the iPhone 4 or 4S when it comes out but then again it doesn't have 4G so maybe not (what's the point in getting either when the 4G may come soon and 3G will become the next EDGE???) but then again I might but then again I'm not sure if I'll be allowed an upgrade this year or not...but overall, I love my Evo. It's one of the greatest phones I have ever used and I've only wanted an iPhone and Evo 3D and kinda reconsidering the 3D unless I can get it for free/trade it straight out for my Evo...

Other than that and besides the EOL, it is a great, solid phone. If they made a sequel, I'd like to see some better hardware specs like a faster processor and possibly slimmer style. Also faster RAM cause startup is way too slow for my taste and pretty embarrassing showing to friends of mine. I am very disappointed in the Shift and 3D in that they both have smaller screens and I cannot do another phone that has a smaller screen than this and I don't want the View because it's a tablet lol

Upvote 0
When my contract is up with Sprint, I am considering switching to Verizon. I would like to try the Iphone 5. I have been with Sprint for over 10 yrs and I am unhappy that they still jacked off with the 4g service, but charged you. They false advertised it for so long. That's foul. I will have to see what phones are well above the market for my taste and usage.

I hate to burst your bubble but you were never charged for "4g".

Upvote 0
I can't blame him the EVO is dead on 10-14-2011
Mine was dead on 10-5-2011 with the ET4G.

It's a good phone, but its long in the tooth. I might pick up the iPhone 5 next year if they don't put out a iPad 2S :)

Yeah, but it's Android vs. Apple OS. Just seems like it's weeding out the true Android fanatics vs. the ones that could care less.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones