How much more responsive is froyo?

Last Updated:

1. siehead

siehead Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 3, 2010
    Don't get me wrong, I love my captivate, but migrating from ios, I realize that the operating system, particularly the browser, is just a little more responsive. What I mean is that the lagtime between touching the screen and seeing a response takes just a split second longer on the captivate and I wondered if any of you had experience with froyo and could talk to how much things will improve in a month or two when froyo finally gets released. I can't wait for my gps to start working either but word is that will happen sometime next week.

2. dsjr2006

dsjr2006 Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2009
    This is more of a Captivate thing than an Android thing. In the past iPhone OS devices were always more responsive, but since Android hardware and software has improved they are basically even, the issue is with the Captivate and other Galaxy S phones having an issue with lag. There are multiple ideas on how to remedy this issue, but hopefully Samsung steps up to the plate and fixes it. I suggest everyone write an email to Samsung support and maybe that'll speed them up.
  3. rajendra82

rajendra82 Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Just replace TouchWiz with LauncherPro, and half your lag will disappear right there.
  4. ajerman

ajerman Active Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Yeah, the lag shouldn't happen as is. The hardware is more than powerful enough to not have it. The first suggestion I heard was LauncherPro over TouchWiz, and that seemed to help out a lot. I don't really see a whole lot of lag anymore just from that.

2.2 definitely seems like it will make all phones quite a bit snappier, especially the powerhouse phones. There's not really a whole lot to do than to speculate until 2.2 actually lands on a Galaxy S, but look at the Nexus Ones and see what it has done for it. Being that the Galaxy S phones already beat out the Nexus Ones on 2.2 in some tests, once the Captivate has 2.2, it should be VERY quick.