How much music do you carry?

Last Updated:

1. Smokex365

Smokex365 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Curious about how much music everyone carries around. A few song or as much as you can fit? And if you had you way, how much do you have? Do you listen to a single genre or do you have stufff from everywhere?

Advertisement
  2. jeezuz

jeezuz Active Member

I've got between 2200-2500 songs. I'm always adding and deleting with a 32 gb card, would be nice to have a 64.

I listen to a lot of genres but mostly rock and indie. I find this number of songs to be ideal as i listen to my whole collection before repeating again. It takes me about a month to go through the whole list . I'll listen to the songs by track name, then by artist just to switch it around.

3. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

right now I have about 12g of music on my card, would have more but I try to keep at least 3 gigs dedicated to nandroid backups and photos. my mix is pretty mixed but mainly techno and death metal. im looking to get a 32g card so I can add more of my music since im missing a lot of my music. (on my PC I have close to 200g i belive, i have an issue with not deleting music, and download full discographies if I only want one song.) I like to carry as much as possible so when I want to listen to a specific song or genre odds are i'll have it available.

4. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

I have ~1000 songs on my phone. I listen mostly at work so I have a mix of everything on there and just set it to shuffle.
    I don't really have a favorite genre, almost anything goes except disco and rap.
    I have The Beatles mono box set plus other Beatles stuff, a ton of Gary Numan, David Bowie, Metallica, Beethoven, STP, REM, Toadies, Nirvana, Waylon Jennings, Matt and Kim, Civil Twilight, Radiohead, Placebo...yeah, a bit of everything.

5. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

700 out of my 1400 total. I only have a 16 GB now, so I'll need a 32 GB down the line for more songs.

6. LickTheEnvelope

LickTheEnvelope Well-Known Member

Usually I only carry about 2 GB of music. I keep a lot of podcasts and audiobooks though...

7. mattuhh

mattuhh Well-Known Member

I have about 2500 roughly, 16 gig card and its pretty much crammed full

8. zaphodbebleebrox

zaphodbebleebrox Well-Known Member

About 350 songs in mp3, about 100 in w.m.a. all AOR.

9. Keybeeetsss

Keybeeetsss Well-Known Member

My 16gig was full but since Jam11 came out, I took all my music off...

10. jbaruch76

jbaruch76 Active Member

i have my whole library (subsonic)

11. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

ZERO!
    Can't stand listening to the same stuff over and over and over. Plus, keeping up with syncing and transferring to a new phone, yada yada is a PIA.

If I do listen to music it is from Tune In, the Fm receiver on the phone or heaven forbid.............. Pandora, which a lot of the time is the same songs.

12. Jam11

Jam11 Member

I used to have the same problem of trying to decide how much music to carry. There was never enough space on the phone. So we invented Jam11 application. Now you are always in Sync with all of your music as long as your computer is on. And for times your computer can't be on, you can use Jam11 to listen to 42,000 SHOUTcast radios and also your local music. Give it a try from Android Market and search for Jam11.

13. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

You should try Double Twist to sync music. It's pretty much the Android version of Itunes. it's really simply to use. Just a suggestion.

I carry about 7 gigs but they are mostly higher bitrate files.

14. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

I have 23GB of music on my Galaxy S (8GB + 32GB microSD). My whole collection, lots of genres. Got a 32GB card a couple of days after their release, was just so tired of limiting my collection on the phone...

15. ste1604

ste1604 Well-Known Member

i got a 16GB card in my htc tattoo currently has 12GB of music on, which is enough for me as i like to change my music around alot, i keep most of music on my external drive.

16. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Well-Known Member

With over 7 million tracks to listen to, I bring 7 million with me anywhere I have a broadband connection.

Rhapsody FTW...

I want their client to get the hell out of beta ASAP. I think there is something that crashes my phone in their app.