How much Ram does this phone have?General

Last Updated: 2012-03-23 23:04:27
  1. chopstix

chopstix New Member

This phone is advertised as having 512MB of ram, however task manager, advanced task killer,android system info is showing that this phone only has 350MB of Ram..:confused::confused::confused:

Advertisement
  2. bbrian017

bbrian017 Member

500mb which is not enough for some reason this phone is a piece of junk! I smashed my iphone 4 and had to buy this, it's all I could afford and wow what a downgrade!

But for the record Android OS is awesome!
  3. chopstix

chopstix New Member

Thanks for the reply.....so why does my phone says its only got 350 total ram
  4. Rileyjsg

Rileyjsg Active Member

I believe they market it as 512mb so as to generate sales and interest but in actuality, the phone's current firmware can only utilize 350mb. Probably in future firmware it can take advantage of the extra ram. In addition, if they make a hardware with inherent 350mb they won't be able to push out future upgrades to take advantage of the extra hardware. :)
  5. sntaylor

sntaylor Well-Known Member Contributor

i believe that it does have the 512mb however it is used up by android or something (not entierly sure on how it works but know i read somewhere in the s2 forum on the reasons behind it)

i know that my s2 obly shows 873mb when it has a 1000mb available! (gf has w, hence i keep an eye on this forum too! lol)