• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How much to ask for used s3

i get to upgrade to an s5 on monday and im just curious what you guys think i can get for my used s3 on the open market.... its had a zagg case friendly shield on it since day one, and protected with a body glove drop suit case. No dings on the corners. The back plate isnt mint. A few spiderweb looking marks on it. I also have a Zero Lemon extended battery 7000mah, and another zero lemon 2300mah spare battery. Also the stock battery. so 3 batteries in all, and an external charger. The power button is a little finicky but only when you hit it to turn of the screen. It powers on just fine. Internally everything seems to be fine. Never really had any problems. Never rooted. What do you think?

i get to upgrade to an s5 on monday and im just curious what you guys think i can get for my used s3 on the open market.... its had a zagg case friendly shield on it since day one, and protected with a body glove drop suit case. No dings on the corners. The back plate isnt mint. A few spiderweb looking marks on it. I also have a Zero Lemon extended battery 7000mah, and another zero lemon 2300mah spare battery. Also the stock battery. so 3 batteries in all, and an external charger. The power button is a little finicky but only when you hit it to turn of the screen. It powers on just fine. Internally everything seems to be fine. Never really had any problems. Never rooted. What do you think?

There is a cool little website where you can see what other phones are selling for. It is called EBAY (eee-bay).

Ok so I'm being a smart aleck but really that is a great place to see. Just do a search for your phone and you can even select the carrier, etc. Then you can click "show SOLD ITEMS" and boom, a record of all the sales that have just occurred.

Upvote 0
i can appreciate a good smart aleck.... no harm no foul. Ill check that out too. Just wanted to see what my fellow phandroidians were thinking. Maybe id get an offer from here??

Android Forums has a great classifieds section. As a matter of fact, I bought a phone here.

EBay is another place to sell but they get you with their fees and then PayPal gets theirs too.

If you use Ebay, make sure that you factor in shipping in your asking price and offer free shipping. If you don't, Ebay will charge you a shipping fee even though they have absolutely nothing to do with the shipping. Crazy huh? ;)

There's always Craigslist too.

Good luck.

Upvote 0
Android Forums has a great classifieds section. As a matter of fact, I bought a phone here.

EBay is another place to sell but they get you with their fees and then PayPal gets theirs too.

If you use Ebay, make sure that you factor in shipping in your asking price and offer free shipping. If you don't, Ebay will charge you a shipping fee even though they have absolutely nothing to do with the shipping. Crazy huh? ;)

There's always Craigslist too.

Good luck.

Your point on the Ebay shipping is a bit off base. True Ebay charges a "final value fee" on shipping but what you are suggesting results in no difference.

A: $150 sales price plus $7.50 for shipping. Receive $157.50 from buyer, pay ebay fees on $157.50.

B: "Factor in the shipping price and offer free shipping" as you say: Ebay sales price $157.50, pay ebay fees on $157.50

Back in the day, sellers began scamming the original system and they'd list an item for 10 cents plus 50 dollars shipping, and Ebay would calc the fees on 10 cents. Then they closed that loophole.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones