How much usage can you get?

Last Updated:

1. Ashtiany

Ashtiany Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys.

I get around 5 to 7 hours use with mine, and i've only owned it for about a week, and this is after a couple of complete discharges aswell.

So how much 'awake' time do you guys get?

Another thing, does anyone else find it stupid how the awake time and up time don't reset after a full charge?!

Advertisement
  2. rtb35

rtb35 Well-Known Member

Just give it a week and you will find the battery life will improve,for some reason it takes a week or so for the battery to become properly conditioned by multiple charges/discharges.

Mine started out like yours and i even considered taking it back but after reading certain posts on this forum i decided to be patient and i now can get 18 to 24 hours of battery life,depending on use of course.

3. lovedesire2010

lovedesire2010 Member

I agree with that as when i got mine i could only get 9/10 hours out of it if i was lucky but now after having it for about 3 months im getting around 16 hours out of it so keep with it as it will get better.

4. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

I got mine 31 hours ago and I'm about to charge it for the fourth time.

I ought to sleep...

5. Rew

Rew Well-Known Member

Mine lasts about 36 hours. When I first got it it was about 8 hours, so it will improve after 5-6 charges. :)

6. Dudditz

Dudditz Well-Known Member

I'm up to anywhere between 20-24 hours dependant on uses. Just seems to have jumped to that over the last couple of days, for most of the 1st week I had it charge lasted around 12-15.

Maybe doesn't seem as good as what some people get but I used mine fairly heavily still, just can't put the damn thing down...

7. jason-567

jason-567 Well-Known Member

anyone with battery issues and uses the phone all the time set the brightness to 50%
    sorry for the noobish post but it drastically improves battery lifr

8. FelixofMars

FelixofMars Well-Known Member

Well mine typically lasts over a day easily. You don't want to discharge it completely only every month or so to retrain it.

I got a charger dock the other day, I am not sure if it stops charging once its at max capacity so I turned off the charge last night with 80% charge. I left the screen on constantly and came back to around 24% charge this morning that was on a screen brightness of 20% on about 7 hours constantly showing the clock.

9. master_yoda

master_yoda Well-Known Member

Had mine 1 week and getting between 17 and 30 hours depending on use. If I use it fairly heavily I get just about a 17 hour day out of it, if moderate use up to 30 hours. To be honest my old nokia n96 wasnt much better, so im fairly happy with my battery coonsidering what Ive read about them online.

10. no fit state

no fit state Well-Known Member

2 months down the line and i get about 14 hours with not a great amount of use and 8 hours with heavy use.

Can manage about 24 hours if all I do is text and make calls

11. partridge

partridge Well-Known Member

yep, had mine a week and I still tinker with it throughout the day, but the battery is definitely better than it was before; I still charge it overnight though, or at my desk!

12. matttye

matttye Well-Known Member

Mine usually lasts the day, but when I travel down to London I listen to music / play games / browse the net on the 3-hour train journey and usually have to charge it on the train or when I get there!

And I think it makes sense for the up time to remain even after a charge - after all, the phone has still been "up" during that time. My phone was sluggish yesterday so I checked my uptime and saw I hadn't restarted it in over a week! So I gave it a quick restart and it's a lot better now.