How my Droid just made my Christmas easier

Last Updated:

1. RyanB

RyanB Guest This Topic's Starter

Here's how my Droid made Christmas shopping SUPER CONVENIENT for me:

Last year I did *all* of my Christmas shopping online, as I *detest* fighting the crowds; I try not to leave my house on Black Friday, and avoid all stores when I have to leave. I absolutely had to go out this year, and in an effort to streamline things, I worked my Droid into the process. I was looking to buy a flat iron griddle, and found one on Amazon today. I typed the product info into Shopsavvy (as there was no neat little QR code available), and found where it was being sold locally for the same price. I went there and picked it up (different brand, but identical price and specs).... nice! I had also convinced my wife to email me her Amazon wishlist. I pulled up the link while at the store, and found SEVERAL of the items there as well, and was able to "cross them off" her wishlist. I was able to knock the two names off the list in minutes, and there's *no* way I could've done that on my old Treo 700p! Kudos to Android and Motorola for such a handy device!

2. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Congrats...I hate shopping, know how you feel.

My Droid shopping moment - I'm in Costco and see they have the new Harry Potter movie my son wants for $16.99. Scan it w/Amazon app barcode reader and it tells me Amazon has it for $9.99, no taxes, free shipping (I'm a Prime member). One-click order and it shows up at my house two days later and is under the tree. Yeah...SuperDad! :D
  3. iclickjohn

iclickjohn Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    I'm really laughing because I almost started a thread with the same idea. My wife and I spent all day shopping about an hour from home. Had to make a lot of stops in a short period of time. 1) Google Navigator, of course. Once in the area, 2)voice search and access to phone numbers and locations. We could call ahead to see if they carried the items needed. 3) found a favorite restaurant near by and navigated. In store bar code scan to check pricing, and saved a lot of money. Aloca found us a Starbucks to cap off the day. A couple years ago we never could have done that at all. It would have taken several days.
    I was wondering if anyone knew of a routing application. Where you have three or four stops to make and it navigates a route with optimum time (figuring traffic as well).