• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How often do you Reboot?

SeauxCrazy

Android Enthusiast
May 30, 2010
New Orleans, LA
So, I'm new to Android and this whole WORLD of things lol. How often do yall restart/reboot the phone?

Kind of on-topic, but has anyone had any issues turning the phone right back on after turning it off? I've had this happen twice, where the phone wouldn't do anything, power button useless. This is after the phone shuts down and I try to turn it back on. I have to pull the battery to get the power to turn on.

I have no set schedule, but I've done it about once per day so far. I have also had the phone have problems turning back on, but for me I just needed to wait 10-15 seconds before trying to restart, I just assumed the phone is so packed, it needed more time to breathe.

The first time that happened, I ended up plugging the charger in (battery was mostly charged) then it turned back on. Not sure if that had the same effect as a battery pull, or just that enough time passed for the phone to be ready to turn back on. If it was the charger that did the trick, that would probably be quicker for you than a battery pull I imagine.

Upvote 0
I'll try the waiting thing, maybe waiting longer than I have in the past. I never felt the need to reboot the iPhone when I had it, mostly due to no multitasking (lol), but I feel I need to with this phone. You know?, just to get a fresh start, kind of like a computer. :)

Didn't know if that was a normal ritual to all the Android regulars out there.

Upvote 0
So, I'm new to Android and this whole WORLD of things lol. How often do yall restart/reboot the phone?

Kind of on-topic, but has anyone had any issues turning the phone right back on after turning it off? I've had this happen twice, where the phone wouldn't do anything, power button useless. This is after the phone shuts down and I try to turn it back on. I have to pull the battery to get the power to turn on.

You must hold that power button down continuously for a good five seconds before the phone will power up after a shutdown.

The only time I reboot my phone is if I install a new program or after an update has been installed. Its just a good idea to do that after a new installation otherwise I have not needed to re boot at all.

Upvote 0
I have been rebooting quite a bit, not because of issues with the phone, but because of various tweaks I am trying, as well as rooting with toast, etc.

I think I have perfected the amount of startup items you can safely remove without any adverse affects to the device, and thus battery life has dramatically improved, not that I had an issue with it before, but i'm quite confident I can go days without a charge. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones