how often does your droid reset?

Last Updated:

1. Germwise

Germwise Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Mine reset non stop until I fully charged it but it still resets every couple of hours of use. I keep killing apps so as not to use all the mem. Want to see if this is normal.

Advertisement
  2. scheng12

scheng12 Well-Known Member

Mine has never reset. It seems like you have a faulty one. Exchange it for a new one and it should be fine

3. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I'd seriosuly consider taking it back if I were you - I have had mine a week - the only resets have been when I manually reset it.

That should speak volumes to you.

4. aaron5610

aaron5610 Well-Known Member

No resets here either. I'm with them take her back.

5. Droid_Junky

Droid_Junky Well-Known Member

I caught mine resetting today while I was not using it. Plan to keep an eye on it. If I hadn't picked it up at that moment I would not have noticed.

6. dutchgirl2001

dutchgirl2001 Member

Mine hasn't had to reset either.

7. pirahna

pirahna Well-Known Member

No resets here either.

8. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

Not a single reset since I got it. Been 7 days so far with nadda one.

9. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I forgot - there was the random calls it made in the magnetic holder that I got from BB, though. On a Moto DROID forum a few people were complaining about the phone randomly calling people at night -so I asked if any of those folks were using the desktop cradle - and the thread went silent.

But, still - not resets (that I know of). I obviously have not been up 24/7 with the phone, so....

10. Jacqueline

Jacqueline Well-Known Member

No resets here either.

11. scorrpio

scorrpio Well-Known Member

Got mine on launch morning - I needed to restart the phone once cause it developed that weird 'all sound from earpiece' bug. Other than that, not a problem, not a single reset (at least not as far as I can tell), did not have to do a single battery pull either.

12. Christine

Christine Active Member

No resets here and I was the first in line on the 6th. I would definitely exchange it if you're getting resets. My old phone did that and I didn't know any better (it just got worse).

13. Backnblack

Backnblack Well-Known Member

0 resets

14. bills534

bills534 Well-Known Member

Take it back and get a different one. I was having the same problem with random resets several times a day. I removed every app i had downloaded and same results. Took it to verizon and they swaped me out with a new one, now I dont have any of those problems. its some kinda hardware defect.

15. Mayze

Mayze Active Member

0 resets. Running perfectly

16. mistamista2000

mistamista2000 Well-Known Member

Mine did on the day I got it. After it froze while texting on day two I exchanged it. No problems since then.

17. bruceo

bruceo Well-Known Member

about 2 times a day. normally it is very quick not as long as a normal power down and boot up. But once I got the red eye of death and it would never boot past the red eye so I had to hard reset.

18. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

I haven't seen it yet... but who knows when I'm not watching it.

19. Nidisa

Nidisa Well-Known Member

First Droid I picked up worked perfectly for 3 days, then I had 5-6 resets. I took it back; they would not replace the battery or the SD card though. That phone reset 3 times within the first hour. I took that one back, but NOT to the same store. The second store replace the whole phone. Third ones been the charm!

Don't spend the aggravation hoping that the phone will stop rebooting/freezing. Just return it.

20. mwinne

mwinne New Member

only once after having it for 6 days, down loaded an app, an it spontaneously rebooted. uninstalled the app, and it has been fine, but am keeping an eye on it.

21. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

0 resets here, if anyone has a DROID that is resetting on it's own then you definitely have a faulty device. Unless you have some really crappy app installed that is causing it then it is most likely a hardware issue or a serious software issue. You can try a hard reset but if that doesn't work then bring it back.

22. Tobad4u

Tobad4u Member

no resets here ether

23. gregbridwell

gregbridwell Well-Known Member

Mine reset this morning. I was up late working on my father-in-law's laptop and my battery was @ 15% so I plugged it into the wall. By the time I got done putzing around on the notebook (3 hrs maybe?) the phone was at 90% but I brought it upstairs and continued to charge it anyway since I was going to bed. My 6 yr old got me up maybe 5 hours later and as expected the phone was @ 100%. I walked by it and casually noticed the eye staring back at me so I knew something was up. It had reset. I noticed it did it one more time about 15 minutes later so I let it boot all the way up and pulled the battery. Replaced the battery and booted and everything appears to be fine now.

Is it possible there was some sort of automatic update pushed through overnight and what I witnessed was just the housecleaning after it was done? My Droid hasn't misbehaved very much at all since I got it on the 6th. Just the invalid address MMS issue, but I seem to have gotten that under control. It seems something happened over night whether it was my usage or some external factor because I've been reset free since I got the phone. Seems like if there was a problem with the handset I would already have had issues and I haven't.

I am curious to hear if anybody else saw resets this morning but are know functioning normally?

24. godfish

godfish Member

0 Resets here, My Droid has been great and I did have to take out the battery two times when apps that are not updated for the Droid crashed.

25. 1979w72

1979w72 Member

There is an uptime display in Settings-About phone-Status. It's the last item in the list and resets when the phone restarts.