How poor is it in sunlight?General

Last Updated:

1. byron_hinson

byron_hinson Well-Known Member

Was thinking of ordering the watch this week but worried about the reports saying the watch basically cant be viewed outside.

2. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member Contributor

Depends. My eyes are super sensitive so I can see the screen outside in sun with it dimmed all the way down and still it is too bright.
  3. mathiasdk1

mathiasdk1 Active Member

I can't just glance at the watch and see what time it is, but if I tilt the watch I can see what time it is, both in standby mode, and after I've woken up the watch. It is obviously easier to see what time it is when the sleep mode, auto dimming, is not on.

- fyi my watch is always at max brightness (It needs to be recharged every night anyway)
  4. oleb84

oleb84 Well-Known Member

Imo, pretty much impossible unless it's on maximum brightness, with the screen switched on, tilting the watch and singing you might just be able to make out what time it is.
  5. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member Contributor

I never had trouble viewing it outside. In fact if it wakes up on wrist tilt it's pretty bright. In ambient mode it gets difficult. I have mine at brightness level 1. I can't stand staring into a supernova which is how maximum brightness looks.