how realiable is your google visual voicemail?

Last Updated:

1. topaz330

topaz330 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

how realiable is your gvvm? I just switched to it from verizons version and it seems like i'm not getting all my messages. Sometimes i'll have voicemails that play nothing for a long time, some will start in the middle of the conversation, etc. What annoys me the most is that sometimes it seems it will go to the verizon voicemail box as I'll get a text from verizon stating i have a voicemail.Anyone else have that problem?

Advertisement
  2. brian0488

brian0488 Active Member

Mine works. It seems like there is a longer dely between when the phone stops ringing and I receive a voicemail notification - maybe 5 minutes. Sometimes it takes 30-45 seconds for the voicemail to start playing.

Having it go to your Verizon Voicemail has something to do with call screening and/or Google Voice voicemail not being setup correctly.

From the Settings -> Voice Settings -> Calls (from a web browser):

I have call screening off. I had to use the "activate Google voicemail" link to get it working right (even though I already did it on the phone).

Good Luck!

3. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

works pretty well try it out dont be scared

4. jayno20

jayno20 Well-Known Member

I have not had one issue with it yet... I get my voicemail within 2 minutes of a missed call. Seems perfect to me.

5. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

The delay between call and getting the VM is due to the transcribing process. The longer and more difficult to hear the call is, the longer it takes to transcribe. Someone who is short, clear and to the point will have transcriptions sent quickly.

6. 0tter

0tter Active Member

For the most part it works fine for me. Every once in awhile I get a voicemail that sounds like someone is confused "Hello? Hello?" kind of thing, and a few times I've had people say that my voicemail is "weird" but I haven't been able to replicate any issues by calling my cell from another phone. I would say that 99% of the time, however, it works perfectly.

7. nkk

nkk Well-Known Member

This is not really a root question. Don't worry, I put things in the wrong forum all the time.

My GV works fine. The transcription is the key to the time delay, though. My GV is set up and the voicemail works fine--I have not gotten a verizon vm in a long time.

-Nkk

8. vzw+google+htc=:)

vzw+google+htc=:) Well-Known Member

Did you go into menu>>>settings>>call>>voicemail service says googlevoice.
    Then it goes to googlevoice instead of verizon voicemail. Just checking.