How responsive is your home button ?General

Last Updated:

1. Bully74uk

Bully74uk Well-Known Member

My S4 was delivered today, first impressions are quite good.

My physical home button doesn't seem particularly responsive, has anyone else noticed this ?

I can press it normally and get no response from it. In order to get it to function I have to apply slightly more pressure to the button.

Feature or fault do you think ?

2. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

its obvious when i press mine, and it always works, so that could be a defect. if it just seems laggy, you can turn off s-voice by double pressing the home button and it will feel much more responsive
  3. Bully74uk

Does it work with the lightest pressure you can apply, can you get it NOT to work ?

4. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

maybe when i barely press it, but it has a pretty tactile feel, so i know when it has been pressed
  5. Bully74uk

Thanks, I'll go compare against another in the local store tomorrow.
  6. barryl85

barryl85 Well-Known Member

I just tested mine a bit, no matter how light I press it, as soon as it clicks it works! Sounds like yours is defective.

Tell you one thing though the home button on the S4 is so much better than the S3 !!!
  7. Bully74uk

It would be nice to get a few more peoples results on this as there seems to be some variation in the responsiveness of the home button.

I checked in a local phone store and the white display model was very responsive and no matter how soft I pressed the button it would work.

The sales guy had a black S4 of his own which was more like mine in that you have to press 'slightly' harder to get it to operate and if you simply pressed it lightly you could get it 'not' to work. He didn't seem to bothered by this.

Please can you check and reply with your findings:

Does your home button work regardless of how soft you press it ?

8. Bully74uk

Was hoping for a few more replies but thank you to those who did.
    I have exchanged the phone and the replacement is much better so looks like a faulty handset.
    barryl85 likes this.
  9. AndroidifyMe

AndroidifyMe Well-Known Member

You may be confusing it with lag. I know the S3 and even the S4 with S-Voice the S-Voice command and return back to home command are so close together that it may take a second to go back to home. If you turn off the feature that allows the home button to activate S-Voice in the S-Voice settings then it may respond faster.