How safe is it to let swftkey know all your texting?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by dalesponyrider, Jul 16, 2010.

1. dalesponyrider

dalesponyrider Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2010
    I've just installed Swiftkey and am now worrying about letting it know all my passwords! A lot of people seem to use it, is it safe?

Advertisement
  2. Super Noob

Super Noob Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
  3. mttfrog13

mttfrog13 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    Male
    Pennsylvania
    Although swiftkey has "access" to every thing u type(obviously), it isn't remembering them or sending them to their server(i assume). All apps have weird warnings before you install them. For example i don't know why such and such game needs access to my call history. As long as you are only installing things from the app store, you are ok for the most part.

Honestly I don't see the point of google even giving us these warnings when every app needs access to things that the average user like myself wouldn't think the app would need access to. So, what the hell, I just install the app and call it a day.

4. Neo31697

Neo31697 Member

Jan 14, 2010
    The only thing that concers me about it is in the settings of the swftkey it learns what your typing to make you more effecent. Now im not worried about it much because if someone wants to know what i am saying to my wife hey thats more time they are going to need at the head DR. Its like being concerned that they (you know big brother lol) can turn on your camera and listen in when ever they want by accessing your phone

5. wmtoandroid

wmtoandroid Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Canada
    I would worry more about the fact that your mobile carrier sends and receives ALL your data and phone transmissions. ;)

6. GlitchZero

GlitchZero Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Jeez, forget the nanites they put in kraft dinner to spy on you, swiftkey must be stopped before SkyNet kills us all!

God, the paranoia is hitting insane highs nowadays. The guys from the 80's running around with tin foil hats would even call some people nowadays weird. Just assume everything you do that hooks up to the internet in any way, shape, or form (your computer, your phone, your tv if it has wifi) is sharing everything you're doing with someone, somewhere. Who cares.