How should I install ICSSupport

Last Updated:

1. Nahid

Nahid Well-Known Member

Hello all,
    This is my first post to SE LwW forum. I'm an ex-HTC user and bought SE for the first time. I was looking for a mid-range Android so I chose it. The set came with Android 2.3.5 and on the box there's a sticker saying "Android 4.0 Upgradeable". I am very interested about ICS. Have any one upgraded it? By Googling I found that it has to updated by "PC Companion" software, not by OTA. Is it true? If so then what precautionary measures should I take before upgrading? I don't want to mess my shining new handset :)

2. eLcTrOn

eLcTrOn Member

ngyih horng likes this.
  3. mattdowd91

mattdowd91 New Member

will we lose any apps or data when we update?
  4. bbfl

bbfl Active Member

Yes, you will loose everything if you don't backup!
  5. Newarvuti

Newarvuti Active Member

If you make update via PC Companion, then you will keep your data, as said on the website.
  6. Nahid

Nahid Well-Known Member

but in some of the forum the suggest to reset phone before upgrading and resent again after being ICS. what do you think?
  7. ayaznoor

ayaznoor Well-Known Member

are there any visual differences between GB and ICS for LwW? i saw a video of Sony Xperia model (i cant remember its name) and it was from the official Sony Dev website, there was only one noticeable difference, that the home page corner icons are gone and replaced with 5 icons on the base, middle one being of main menu (like earlier). is that it, for official ICS upgrade visual change?