• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How should I manage albums with various artists on the stock music player?

Jarlath

Dec 20, 2010
I only have a few albums on my android device (sony experia X8). But some of them are 'various artists' type compilations. Since the stock player only browses by artist, the list has become insanely long.

Is there a way I could maybe retag my albums so that there is an album-artist or something that they'd all be grouped under? Or maybe it's possible to browse by album?

Thanks,
Jarlath

At the moment the songs are all in a folder, which is located in the downloads folder.

The title and artist tags vary for each track, but both the album title, as well as the album artist (various artists) tags are constant.

But still when I browse by artist, all the 'one hit wonders' are appearing in the list which lengthens it considerably.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones