How soon will accessories likely be available?Tips

Last Updated:

1. ZepTepi

ZepTepi Well-Known Member

I spoke to an HTC rep a few minutes ago and they still have no timeline as to when accessories will be available.

2. v01rider

v01rider Well-Known Member

i contacted zagg and they said they usually get shields out the week of or just after release.
  3. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

I used to love invisible shield, until I found SGP. Invisible shield always seems to feel sticky and then it gets the orange peel effect.

Looks like they already created a screen protector for the one x, so I'm assuming they'll make one for the LTEvo.
    One X - HTC - Cell Phones
  4. Rose4uKy

Rose4uKy Well-Known Member

What's SGP? I was looking at Clarivue and they didn't list the new EVO yet. I had Clarivue on my OG EVO so I stuck with it on my 3D. I have heard Steinheil is good too.

5. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

Steinheil = SGP = Spigen

For whatever reason they seem to like to change their name alot. Also, if you want them to make a product for your phone you have to let them know.

See this post for more info

[Official] Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE Pre-release thread | Post # 775

There sure is alot of topic crossover lately. Makes me feel like I'm going in circles. :D
    Rose4uKy likes this.
  6. drexappeal

Posted the link in my reply. Steinheil is SGP.
    Rose4uKy likes this.
  7. drexappeal

What's funny is, I tried to get people on board with asking for them to make one for the Photon, but it just never came to fruition. It was so frustrating because it's by far the best screen protector I've ever used. The person that is using my original EVO still has it on there and it only started coming off at the corner more recently.
  8. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

9. paradox183

paradox183 Well-Known Member

I'm a big Seidio fan but I was kind of disappointed by the Active case for the EVO LTE. Maybe it was a design necessity to cover up the phone's kickstand (although the Surface doesn't), but the case's kickstand looks much more cheaply made and ugly in comparison. I'll probably settle for a Surface.
  10. Rose4uKy

I know I was disappointed too! I like the Active better than the surface and I have a Surface now with a kickstand for the 3D that I have on there and use but I still love the Active and like it better. But I want to show off the phone and why they couldn't make a cutout for the kickstand on the Active I don't get it. I'll get a surface too I guess.

11. Rose4uKy

I wrote them and was told they have no plans to make a screen protector at this time.

12. kuscoot

kuscoot Active Member

Will the screen protector for one X not fit the Sprint version?
  13. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

marctronixx likes this.
  14. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

Now that we have a launch date, any word on when accessories are going to start rolling in? Is Sprint going to carry any on the 18th?
  15. drexappeal

If HTC follows their past history, their manufacturer specific accessories won't be out until a few months after the device is released. That's the department that, IMO, HTC is a complete Fail!...LOL.
  16. NeoteriX

NeoteriX Well-Known Member

Yes, it will be at least 2-3 months for a desk dock and car dock to come out if past experiences are any indication.

HTC did preview some thin cases at CITA though, so with any luck, those will be out around launch or not too long after.
  17. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

I really loved that black HTC case with the red logo.
    marctronixx likes this.
  18. sakeninja1

sakeninja1 New Member

They have a couple cases there. I am going to get the one below. I have had one on my original EVO 4g since I have had the unit and has not wore out or broke on me since purchase also hide the camera just right to were it would not sit on the lens. Also the jelly case has saved it from about 4 drops to the concrete floor without being a big otter box. Amzer
  19. Rose4uKy

I remember when I got my EVO they had cases at the Sprint store and I bought a 15 dollar case to hold me over till I could get a better one. I don't remember what I did for the 3D but I have 2 nice Seidio cases now. But I want a car dock and a home dock and a screen protector and one nice seidio case and maybe a charging vault.

marctronixx likes this.
  20. hsh.shawn

hsh.shawn Well-Known Member

Don't they already have the car dock out for the one x? If so I would think we would have one relatively quick considering they are essentially the same phone. Well here's to hoping anyway
  21. WifiMaxed

WifiMaxed Well-Known Member

marctronixx likes this.
  22. WifiMaxed

caborobo likes this.
  23. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

Yeah att has it cheaper. It's mentioned a few posts back..
    WifiMaxed likes this.
  24. WifiMaxed

Thanks missed that. Price still stings a bit, but for me It's a must have :D I'm just thankful its available for LTEVO and we won't have to wait :cool:

Thanks again.
    marctronixx likes this.
  25. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

it would be sooo awesome..if they made docks for the LTevo .. like the Asus PadPhone; tablet and keyboard and pen/stylus/handset!!!!!

and design it so that future EVO's can fit in same docks!