How Tidy Is Android?

1. Vim Tailor

Vim Tailor Active Member

All

Having had a Wildfire for several weeks and loving it.:)

Just a question, after installing and removing games, apps etc, a thought came to me.

How tidy is Android? I mean with Windows 7, after installing and removing app etc you are left with rubbish on the system. What does Android do? Does uninstalling an app remove all the bits of the program? Do I have to invest in a program to tidy up? Does such a program exist?:confused:

Thanks

Vim

Advertisement
    :
  2. antipesto93

antipesto93 Well-Known Member

I often get files left on the SD card, but they dont take up any space, and dont affect performance.

I have never seen a performance decrease after installing and removing like 100's of apps,

the reason windows 7 etc gets slow is because if things left in the registry and because computers useually have physical hard drives and more data slows seek times, but with phone having flash memory more files does not cause a performance decrease
  3. antipesto93

antipesto93 Well-Known Member

saying that it does get slow if you let too many applications run in the background ( not and issue with higher powerd phones with 700mhz cpu+
  4. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey Well-Known Member

Personally before I uninstall an app I always force close it (if still running) clear cache and clear data. I have seen some early App2SD app implementations that left files behind on the memory card when installed there (giving errors if reinstalled to the card), so now I tend to move the app to the phone first before uninstalling.
  5. Stinky Stinky

Stinky Stinky Well-Known Member

6. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Hello folks... :) I moved this thread out of the Updates area to this Applications forum.. it seems like a much better fit here, plus it has nothing to do with updates or firmware. ;)