• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How-to A2SD for Galaxy & Behold 2 Rom's

OK i got Paragon Partition Manager installed and for some reason I can only get it to do 1 extended partition. From watching the gparted video above it has 2. Do I need to have 2 extended partitions? and one fat 32 partition or can i just have the one extended and one fat 32?

Adding a a third partition outside of the ext2 and the fat32 is pointless. The third one is usually a swap one but right now the kernal does not support swap so it would go to waste. Also Swap is pointless on this phone considering the amount of ram this device has. It had purpose on the G1 since it had a minimal amount of ram but unless your running a hundred apps at once swap shouldn't be a priority.

Upvote 0
OK i got Paragon Partition Manager installed and for some reason I can only get it to do 1 extended partition. From watching the gparted video above it has 2. Do I need to have 2 extended partitions? and one fat 32 partition or can i just have the one extended and one fat 32?

No, you only need one fat 32 partition and one ext 2 partition. I'm going to make a video pretty soon on how to create partitions using paragon.

Reactions: rudoFF and bluey123
Upvote 0
I don't want to break any eggshells by asking stupid questions, but I've searched around, and still am not understanding what the benefits are for partitioning the SD card. The instructions are very clear as to how to do it, but I'd like to have a little better understanding of why, before I go ahead.

Thanks!

From my understanding, it means your are stored and run on your sd card

Upvote 0
ok, i'm gonna be the designated idiot, but I must be missing something. do i need to partition the SD card to install/make use of A2SD? I'm a noob with this particular phone, but am pretty computer literate so I can probably get it going with some simple to follow instructions (step by step preferrably) Let me be clear, I want to install/use A2SD but the OP directions are Greek to me and I do not even know where to put the commands. I tried running thru the command prompt on my comp but it tells me that "ADB is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." (yes I have all the drivers installed)

Upvote 0
ok, i'm gonna be the designated idiot, but I must be missing something. do i need to partition the SD card to install/make use of A2SD? I'm a noob with this particular phone, but am pretty computer literate so I can probably get it going with some simple to follow instructions (step by step preferrably) Let me be clear, I want to install/use A2SD but the OP directions are Greek to me and I do not even know where to put the commands. I tried running thru the command prompt on my comp but it tells me that "ADB is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." (yes I have all the drivers installed)

This is how I got it working, it may not work for you but give it a try.
I copied both the adb and fastboot into My Computer\ C:\Windows\
Then I just open command promp and it shows up as
C:\Users\drag4k>
Then I type adb devices, just to make sure that my phone is recognized and I get the following
*daemon not running. starting it now*
*daemon started successfully*
List of devices attached
T939 online

Then I go in to type the commands. Hope that helps you.

Upvote 0

[HOW-TO] ADB for Dummies(How-To Learner's Guide) - xda-developers

Try this! ;)

Upvote 0
ok i tried using paragon and i get this while trying to follow the video tutorial. any idea how i can fix this?
2mmbg1t.png

Upvote 0
Okay guys, I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong but I have my sd card formatted correctly (8gb card with 6.9gb fat32 partition and two 246mb ext2 partitions on the galaxy 1.6 R8 ROM). I'm probably going to reformat the ext2 partitions into a single ext2 partition. The problem is apps don't seem to be installing to the SD card (installs to internal card). Am I missing a step? Is there a way to verify the settings? Any input/help/screenshots would be appreciated.

Upvote 0
BH_Man, if we use option 2 and unzip the file to SD card do we still have to do the adb push? I downloaded the the file and am holding off on the update till I find out thnx man your work is awesome.

Option 1.
Quote:
adb push ( Folder Location ) /system/bin
adb shell
chmod 0755 /system/bin/playlogo
chmod 0755 /system/bin/playlogo_real
Then Reboot the Phone

Option 2.
un-zip to Samsung USB card or adb push ( Folder location ) /sdcard
Quote:
adb shell
cat /sdcard/playlogo > /system/bin/playlogo
cat /sdcard/playlogo_real > /system/bin/playlogo_real
chmod 0755
/system/bin/playlogo_real
Then Reboot the Phone

Upvote 0
Option 1.
Quote:
adb push ( Folder Location ) /system/bin
adb shell
chmod 0755 /system/bin/playlogo_real
Then Reboot the Phone

Option 2.
un-zip to Samsung USB card or adb push ( Folder location ) /sdcard
Quote:
adb shell
cat /sdcard/playlogo > /system/bin/playlogo
cat /sdcard/playlogo_real > /system/bin/playlogo_real
chmod 0755
/system/bin/playlogo_real
Then Reboot the Phone

Do you have to do the adb push everytime you change ROM? For example, I did the adb push when I changed the ROM to TWIX do I need to redo it when I upgrade to DOTS?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones