How to accept unknown sources?General

1. AshleyStew18

AshleyStew18 New Member

Hey there,

I'm Ashley and I just got the Phoenix and I am wondering if it is possible to accept unknown sources? If so how would I go about getting this setting set up? I'm not sure where to go and what to select.

TIA!

Advertisement
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Welcome to Android Forums!

Not sure if the LG launcher is set up the same as plain Android, but try menu>settings>applications and see if it's there.
  3. donavan01

donavan01 Active Member

Currently if you have a stock Phoenix you probably have Froyo 2.2.1 installed on your phone. Thanks to AT&T you can't load apps other than from the market. So you will need to do one of two things to get you phoenix to accept the installation of third party aps.

Option 1 (update your phone)
    Go to your settings menu, then click on "About Phone" [all the way at the bottom]. Then click on the "Software Update", then "Update Now". It should check for an update [make sure you have a good internet connection] and if you aren't already upgraded is should install Froyo 2.2.2 which among other things allows for the loading of third party apps. Please be aware if you have rooted your phone some people have run into issues with this update in which case you can go to option 2

Option 2 (dial pad)
    Go to your dialer, type "3845#*506#" (you may have to press send). This will unlock the third party updates.

After you have this unlocked/updated you will need to as stated by lunatic59 and goto menu>settings>applications and then click unkown sources.
  4. donavan01

donavan01 Active Member

Sorry for the mix up if your using the Thrive the secret menu code is "3845#*506#" however for the Phoenix it is "3845#*505#"
    Rxc777 likes this.
  5. Rxc777

Rxc777 New Member

thank you very much it worked perfect!!!!