• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to access file directory?

bfrmbama

Dec 24, 2009
I downloaded a PDF file to my Droid. I can see that it is in the "Downloads" folder when I mount the Droid to my laptop via the USB.

My question is, how do I access this file from the phone? I can't get to the directory to try to open it.

I can access the PDF through my Gmail account using the Preview option. However, I wanted to save the file to the SD card. So, I searched this and another forum on how to do that and the only way I could find was to access my gmail account through the browser and download. I did this and the file was put in the Downloads folder on the SD.

How do you access the Downloads directory and for that matter, any directory that you may want to create on the SD?

Thanks!

I'm having similar problems and download Astro as we speak...

What the heck is it with this Android thing that you need to download something in order to see/find the files on your phone? It's bizarre. Windows mobile was a bit like that, which is one of the reasons I changed. Android seems worse, as what it shows when connected to my PC just isn't visible, anywhere, on the phone.

According to my PC there is a 'My Documents' folder on the phone. Cool. So I placed a PDF on there.

Great. But how do I get to My Documents, via Android?

Do I really have to download some else's software, just to access my own documents folder?

Why?

WTF?

??

SS

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones