how to access safe mode for android incredibleSupport

Last Updated:

1. greysight

greysight Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For those of you who don't know...this is how you can boot your incredible into safe mode (newer version).

1 start your phone wait for the white screen

2 hold down your volume down button with one thumb and use your other thumb to press the circular button and the menu button at the same time.

3 hold this until your phone buzzes (then its ok to release the buttons)

4 you phone will start in safe mode...you will see "safe mode" in the lower corner.

Enjoy

Advertisement
    imtoomuch likes this.
  2. jazzrocking

jazzrocking New Member

Safe mode for the android incredible was the major concern for me from the last few months. I have tried so many things for that but no one gave me total satisfaction. Now this is the post I was in search of. It worked perfectly for me.

3. greysight

greysight Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks....I stumbled on it playing with different button combinations during the start up process. I came across another one that played a ringtone when the phone finished booting but I did not see anything different other than that. But then again....I did not look at all the functions either. Hope you can put the info to good use.

4. kayst

kayst Well-Known Member

I can't get this to work. By "circular button" do you mean the trackball?

The phone only buzzes once for me, and that's right as the white screen first comes up. Actually, there are 2 white screens. The first comes up immediately and says "HTC Incredible", goes to black briefly, then comes up white again and says "HTC quietly brilliant." Did you mean the 1st or 2nd white screen?

5. imtoomuch

imtoomuch Well-Known Member

Nice tip! Thanks!