• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to access SGS remotely from the web?

goalc

Jul 31, 2010
Hi, I hope someone can help....

Is there any way to be able to control an SGS remotely via a PC, as you can now do with the HTC Desire HD using htcsense.com ? I guess what we are looking for is a way to allow you to get the phone to ring for those times that my wife cant remember where she put it, or to lock it or erase all the data if it gets stolen/lost etc.

I presume that this isn't a standard feature on the SGS (unless we have missed it) and so I don't know if there are any apps out there that allow you to do this?

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Hi, I hope someone can help....

Is there any way to be able to control an SGS remotely via a PC, as you can now do with the HTC Desire HD using htcsense.com ? I guess what we are looking for is a way to allow you to get the phone to ring for those times that my wife cant remember where she put it, or to lock it or erase all the data if it gets stolen/lost etc.

I presume that this isn't a standard feature on the SGS (unless we have missed it) and so I don't know if there are any apps out there that allow you to do this?

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Hi goalc,
Some of what you are looking for is already on the phone.
Go to settings>Location and security, scroll down to Mobile tracker and select mobile tracker, underneath that, set mobile tracker recipient and control remote phone.
I have never used it myself but would be interested in how you get on with and if it does what you want.

Have a look at the 2 links
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=17256017
http://www.amitbhawani.com/blog/setup-mobile-tracker-samsung-galaxy-s/

Upvote 0
Hi goalc,
Some of what you are looking for is already on the phone.
Go to settings>Location and security, scroll down to Mobile tracker and select mobile tracker, underneath that, set mobile tracker recipient and control remote phone.
I have never used it myself but would be interested in how you get on with and if it does what you want.

Have a look at the 2 links
Samsung Galaxy S inbuilt "Mobile Tracker/Wipe" features - Overclockers UK Forums
How to Setup Lost Mobile tracker in Samsung Galaxy S? | Samsung Mobile Phones

Thanks for that, will give it a go today and let you know how it works

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones