• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to activate Boost Kyocera Hydro with Sprint?

ccwarm

Lurker
Mar 10, 2014
Please help. My Sprint phone is having some problems and I won't be able to upgrade until November. I bought this Boost Mobile Kyocera Hydro thinking I can activate it with Sprint. Unfortunately, no luck so far.

I've done a little research so far, and unlocked my mls on the phone. What's next I need to do in order to be able to activate it with Sprint service?

Thanks a lot~~

You don't unfortunately. The MEID is not on Sprint's list, and you can't activate it. You can't buy a phone from one of Sprint's MVNO's and activate it on Sprint. This isn't GSM where you can unlock it and pop in a SIM from any carrier. So you essentially bought a wifi device unless you activate it on Boost. There are a ton of phones you can pick up cheap off of craigslist. Pick up an S2, maybe even a Galaxy Victory (not on Virgin). You might find an LG Mach for $50 or so. Just don't get something branded for Boost or Virgin. The hydro is a cool little phone though. Tough to beat for anything but a phone for $10.

Upvote 0
Please help. My Sprint phone is having some problems and I won't be able to upgrade until November. I bought this Boost Mobile Kyocera Hydro thinking I can activate it with Sprint. Unfortunately, no luck so far.

I've done a little research so far, and unlocked my mls on the phone. What's next I need to do in order to be able to activate it with Sprint service?

Thanks a lot~~

Avoid all the headache and either go on eBay or craigslist. I suggest craigslist since you can meet the person who is selling the phone face to face and call sprint to make sure you can activate it on your account.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones