How to activate EVO on Sprint With No ContractTips

Last Updated:

1. lrpena

lrpena New Member This Topic's Starter

Just in case someone else has the same dilema i had by buying thier EVO online for full price so they dindt have to get the 2 year contract. but then realizing that sprint requires a new 2 year contract with every new line you activete regardles of you bought the phone outright or not. heres how how to get around it.

1 Buy EVO 4G wherever.
    2 Activated old phone with a new number on the basic Month to month 200 plan (had to be done at the Sprint store they wold not let me activate over the phone with this plan)
    3 go home and upgrade plan online to 99.00 unlimited everything
    4 Swap old phone with EVO under activate new phone online
    5 Port your phone number from whereever you have it to Sprint replacing the new phone you just got when you avtivated the line

Thats it, it quite a few steps but atleast you wont have to worry about getting locked in to a new 2 year contract.

Take That Sprint....[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. tdoshi9

tdoshi9 New Member

your still in contract. sprint doesn't make you sign a contract due to the evo being placed on the account. ANY phone activated with a plan will be on a contract for 2 years. all your doing is paying alot more for the evo. look into that!

p.s. i work for sprint. im not saying your wrong just saying that isn't how activations work.

3. system60

system60 Member

Only carrier that you can even do something like that is Tmobile, is also nice since if you do that its $10 less a month.

4. meyerweb

meyerweb Well-Known Member

Are you sure? I thought you were only locked into a 2 year contract if you got a phone subsidy and/or rebate. I know for a fact I've changed plans, without changing phones, without being put into a new contract or extending my CSD.

5. snowwy66

snowwy66 Well-Known Member

being as how i've had sprint for 10 years now. and upgrade is every year. i fail to see the problem with being locked in for 2 years anymore. it's not as if i'm going anywhere else. they're all too expensive. and i have yet to actually call sprint for billing issues. have only called them 3 times for dead phones. bottom line is i've been very happy with sprint. and as long as they keep offering the best deal in town. i don't see myself going anywhere else.

R1_Rydah and scanman like this.