how to add album art to music?

1. JE78

JE78 Well-Known Member

Can anyone help me out on how to add cover art to the albums I put on the phone.

Advertisement
  2. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

grab tunewiki from the market, it will do it automagically, works pretty good from my experiance.

If you don't like that app, I also found that there is some free software out there called mediamonkey that works pretty on the pc, then use that to sync the music over and it should put the album art in there, might have to search around though, I think there were a couple ways to do it but hope this points you in the right direction.
  3. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

+1 on Mediamonkey.
  4. alison03

alison03 Well-Known Member

not to hijack but I can add music from itunes to my incredible? but it won't add album art so I need an app to transfer it over aftewards?
  5. JE78

JE78 Well-Known Member

Do the songs have tobe on the SD card in order to use tunewiki?
  6. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

I've heard doubletwist mentioned alot for itunes people but I never really used itunes and neither have I even looked at doubletwist so I can't offer an opinion....just a random synapse firing that may help your search.
  7. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Hmmm that is a good question? I would have to throw a few songs on the internal memory to test, can't do it right now. If I have time I'll try or if ya figure it out let us know!!
  8. JE78

JE78 Well-Known Member

I hate itunes I want to avoid it at all cost.
  9. JE78

JE78 Well-Known Member

I put a few on the internal memory and it cant find any songs.
  10. narf

narf Well-Known Member

Mediamonkey rocks though I have had problems with some album art not showing up in the stock player. Oddly the album shows up in every other 3rd party music app so I'm guessing there's a problem with the stock app not properly reading/updating album art.

With mediamonkey you can setup your phone to sync to a specific playlist or directory on your PC and tell it to either embed the art or add it as a separate file.
  11. drdoom

drdoom Well-Known Member

Album art does show up when songs are on the internal memory. However, it is a PITA to get art to show up correctly/at all. When I first put songs on my Incredible, every song had the same exact album art. I deleted the contents of the albumthumbs and it got rid of the album art. I haven't been able to get it back on since even after deleting every song and resyncing them.
  12. Ovy

Ovy Well-Known Member

+2
  13. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

I've never used MediaMonkey but I love "album art graber" I think it was $.99 but well worth it and you just go in click add art and it automaticlly adds all your artwork and very fast as well. The first time I did it was over 1000 without art and it took about 20minutes to find all of it

Definetly worth the buck
  14. cprada726

cprada726 New Member

You don't need any app for adding artwork to your music in your cellphone. Once you uploaded your music to google cloud, all you got to do is go to settings, hit apps, then tap google music play app, hit clear data. Then open the play music app and there! your app is syncing the artwork!
  15. teddyearp

teddyearp A guide with guides Guide

cprada726, nice that you revived this old thread with updated info.