• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to add audiobooks to GS3?

If the file is an .mp3 file, you listen to it on an mp3 app. If the file is an ebook file you read it with an ebook reader. (You look, you don't listen.)

If you want to change an mp3 of a book into text to read, use a speech to text (STT) conversion program.

Can it be done on an S3? Yes, but not as well as it can be on a PC using Dragon Dictate (It's not available for Android).

Will the contents of the ebook be as properly done as an ebook published as an ebook? Not really. The STT program will decide where paragraphs end, which homonym to put in (is it to, too or two?) and other things like that - which will make the text painful to read. There are still people who can type - and properly - as fast as the normal person can speak, but computers haven't caught up yet, even though Dragon is pretty close.

Upvote 0
I suspect the OP is familiar with classifying a group of MP3's as an "audiobook" in iTunes, which helps to keep things in order when playing straight through rather than making them subject to shuffling, etc. Then when you transfer them to the iPhone they show up as "Books" not regular music.

I don't have an answer to the question, if that is the question, as I'm new to Android phones as well, but that might at least clarify the question. Or I could be totally wrong. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones