How to add contacts w/ a CSV file permanently without google deleting data thru syncGeneral

Last Updated:

1. solo88

solo88 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Mar 30, 2010
    Just got my Incredible yesterday and I've run into a bit of a snag. I uploaded my contacts to the backup assistant on and then exported them to a CSV backupassistant file to my computer. From there I uploaded them to my gmail where I auto-synced them to my incredible. The problem is that I don't want to keep my contacts on my gmail account but whenever I delete them from there the phone will sync and delete them from my phone too!
    The only phone numbers it won't delete after a sync are the ones I manually inputted into the contacts list. My question is: Is there anyway to add my contacts with only the CSV file without having to go through google? I know I can turn off the auto-sync feature which will let me keep my contacts on my phone even if I delete them from google but I don't like knowing that if I ever need to sync with google it will delete my contacts on my phone since they're not in gmail. Will I have to input them all manually? I couldn't figure this one out after a search so any help would be great. Thanks!