How to add facebook contacts on phoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. tuggy24g

tuggy24g Well-Known Member

I just pick up the galaxy phone a day ago and been tweaking in for my liking. I use to have the droid Bionic and got ride of that crappy phone. Anyway I was wondering how I can add facebook contacts on my phone like I did on the droid Bionic. I know this is a google phone and they are more privy to google+ but I do not use it.

Here is what I am trying to have it do. With my Bionic you can add all your facebook accounts on your phone. From it will give you all there info like email and facebook link to post something straight on there wall. Also will add all phone number that they posted on there facebook. Now I did download a program that would sync all that info straight to your phone, but it would not let me straight post something. Basically I am looking for the Bionic feature for facebook contact on the Galaxy phone.

Advertisement
  2. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

There are apps that can do that. You can give Facebook Contact Sync a try: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ro.weednet.contactssync

I don't think it'll export their e-mails or phone numbers, but it should sync photos and statuses with existing contacts in your phone book.
  3. tuggy24g

That is what I tried and it did not do what I wanted, but thank you for the reply
  4. Ed5275

Ed5275 Well-Known Member

Google+ FOR THE WIN!
    ...Yeah, I know.
  5. tuggy24g

Google+ is much better, but since all my friends are on facebook I use it. Anyway thanks for all the help and if you can still help let me know.
  6. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, the functionality your looking for is built into the manufacturer overlays. It not present in basic Google Android. I'm not aware of any "apps" that duplicate it. Most likely becuase it requires modifying the stock address book.
  7. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

Try the Friendcaster app instead of the Facebook App. It allows you to sync contacts.

...one of my biggest peeves....Friendcaster allows you to upload photos to specific albums...unlike the Facebook App.
  8. HyperM3

HyperM3 Well-Known Member

Just tried the Facebook Contact Sync app and it seemed to work but my contacts now flicker. Oh well, fix one thing and create another issue...

EDIT: Ok, it seems that the flickering was just the app downloading all the pics. Works great!