How to Add Movies to HTC Hero?

Last Updated:

1. Sqanton

Sqanton New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, I got my HTC Hero a month ago but I've been wondering if it's possible to add movies or small films to my HTC Hero? Just like I can add music to add, then I'd really like to know if it's even possible to add movies to the mobile and if that's the case.. please feel share to share :)

Advertisement
  2. lea8198

lea8198 Member

Hi there,

I have just figured this out myself thanks to the guys here :D

Yes, you can add movies :D All you need to do is make sure they are in the right format (I just use MPG4 and use videora which is a free download to convert any avi or divx files) and then drag them into one of your folders when you sync the phone with the computer. I just put my film in with my music but I am sure you can create a Videos folder and keep them together. Once you have moved it to a folder, disconnect the phone from your PC and go to 'albums' and it should automatically detect your videos and you will see the option 'all videos'. Click on this, select your film and away you go!

3. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

format factory, it's the sweetest. Any format to any other format. Love it!

4. Sqanton

Sqanton New Member This Topic's Starter

Hmm I've tried and done you guys said, but I seems like it doesn't work :S (or have I done something wrong?)
    When I open the folder with the film I've converted to MPG 4 format then it's just shown as gray bow with with a ! mark on it, and when I try to play it, the screen just turn all black and nothing happens :S

5. poopieboy

poopieboy Member

Did you download the Videoplayer app from the App market? It plays mp4 videos.

6. Michaelvg1

Michaelvg1 Well-Known Member

Well, that was easy.. Video transferred and worked like a charm. I found it in albums and whatever player is on the phone, it played. Question?? It seems to pause every now and then. Is this a function of the player? Should I download the app? IS it better?
    Just want it be be as good as I had it on my BB. It is sortof, video wise, but don't like the hesitations it makes every 10 seconds or so.
    Thanks

7. Vzard

Vzard Member

HTC plays video in formats of mp4 or 3gp, You can use a 3rd party application (with DRM removing function is better since some file has copyright protection) like ** LINK REMOVED BY MOD ** to make it.

8. Ameko

Ameko Member

Hey! It's possible to put movies to HTC. I had a good luck with this Wondershare DVD Converter Ultimate which can convert dvd to videos in various formats including MP4, WMV, etc which is playable for HTC. You can have a try.

9. joshyone

joshyone Member

first try worked perfect, thanx!

10. ww927bin

ww927bin Member

I am absolutely thrilled with the pavtube DVD to HTC converter that I am now using. It is easy to use and does everything that I want. I found the software on a google search for ' DVD to htc converter' search, passing other products that I have previously tried and have rejected as not up to standard. Not on the first page, but worth searching for.

How to convert DVD to HTC Evo 4G, HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Hero and other HTC phones?

NovaCove and Largecar like this.
  11. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Nice. Although I just use Handbrake because its entirely free and gets the job done.

12. essentis

essentis New Member

yeah, its fast too... but if anybody knows an app that can play other formats as well especially MKV....please post it here ....

13. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

I use dvd catalyst. You have to pay for it though, it's worth $10 to rip your dvd into your computer. Just transfer it over to your android phone.

http://www.tools4movies.com/

14. positiveguy

positiveguy New Member

There is a step-by-step tutorial about converting dvd to android phone like HTC hero in my signature below...

15. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Ummm, no. You cannot run a windows or mac program on a phone...

You dont need another app. Just convert the videos to h264 and they will play in the stock player.

16. 3rdrail00

3rdrail00 New Member

Try DVDFAB.com. It has rippers decoders and converters

17. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Handbrake. Once you get your settings correct, you just plug-in the video and let it do it's thing.

18. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

19. jus1moriswear

jus1moriswear Active Member

Does handbrake decrypt DRM protection as well and if not what's a good program to use for that?

20. Nomnax8

Nomnax8 New Member

Hi guys! I'm new here and have a quick question. What will be the best videoformat for my SE x8? just downloaded handbrake and cant wait to convert video and put in my phone:)

21. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

H264/MP4 works best imo.

22. sitlet

sitlet Banned

No it doesnt. You will need to find out how to do that on your own, its not exactly legal.

23. lucifersocom

lucifersocom New Member

Umm there are a few programs out there that will. Slysoft is one that you can buy and also comes with AnyDVD which is an all in one program to rip DVDs and back them up legally.