How to add shortcut to home screenSupport

1. androidingtom

androidingtom Member

Hi
    Hopefully someone can help. I have a Flytouch 3 Tablet running Android 2.2. Everything is running fine except for the fact that I can't create a shortcut on my home page.
    on my previous tablet (running ver 2.1 of the O/S) I could just tap and hold the application icon and then drag it to the home screen - however, this version of the O/S won't let me.

Any ideas would be gratefully received. Many thanks in advance

Advertisement
    :
  2. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Well-Known Member

long press the screen and choose shortcuts, then applications?
  3. androidingtom

androidingtom Member

Hi
    Thanks for the quick reply. when I press the screen (I assume you mean the home screen) nothing happens. I have two widgets installed on the home screen (they were installed by default) but nothing else (applications wise) is visible. To see any applications I have to tap the square icon (sorry don't know what it's called) to see my apps. But I can't seem to get them on my home screen.

Thanks
  4. Bnice

Bnice Guest

Go to all apps and long press on the app you want on your screen.
  5. androidingtom

androidingtom Member

Thanks for the help. However when I long press the app I'm allowed to move it or delete it - however I can't seem to find how to move it to the home screen. It will only allow me to move th eicon to another screen within the apps view, not the home page (hopefully that makes sense)
  6. Bnice

Bnice Guest

Did you try dragging the app to the edge of the screen ?
  7. androidingtom

androidingtom Member

Hi
    Yes I did but it will only let me move the shortcut to another (app) screen, not the home screen.
    I'll try and get some screenshots of what I'm talking about to try and help.

Thanks for all your help so far.
  8. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Well-Known Member

Ok, let's hang on a sec. Are you using the stock launcher? If so, DON'T. The Stock launcher is crap and makes things a lot harder than necessary. Try installing ADW or Launcher pro. Then the instructions provided to you will work(long press an app in the app drawer and drag to desktop)
    Yakaira and androidingtom like this.
  9. androidingtom

androidingtom Member

Yes I am using the stock launcher (with the dock at the bottom). I installed Launcher Pro a little while ago which gave me a "Desktop" similar to the previous Android version (2.1?). This "Desktop was OK but I thought the newer version (2.2) looked nicer. It's a shame really as the new Desktop gives you 3 screens so I'm assuming that there is a way of adding shortcuts to it, but as you say it seems to be a lot harder. (I also like the "cube" effect when scrolling through the pages of apps - similar to my Linux desktop).
    OK I'll look at ADW and reinstall Launcher Pro to see if things are easier (which I suspect they will be as per your last message).
    Many thanks for all your help. I'll be hanging round these forums a lot I think!

Cheers