• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to add unknown words into Incredible dictionary

jonbar87

Apr 27, 2010
I'm wondering how to add words to the dictionary (aside from going into menu>settings>language & keyboard) like I used to be able to with my droid. If i was texting along and came to a word that wasn't in the dictionary, I could just long press and then select "add to dictionary". Well this phone doesn't have that option and so I'm wondering if I'm just missing it or what..?

Menu->Settings->Language & Keyboard ->Touch Input ->User Dictionary

yeah i know how to do it that way, but I'm wondering if you can add them while in a dialog box, so i don't have to browse to Menu->Settings->Language & Keyboard ->Touch Input ->User Dictionary every time I want to add a word. with my droid, I could just long press in whatever dialog box I was typing in and select "add word to dictionary"...that option is not available on the incredible.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones