1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

How to alphabetize app folders?Support

1. Turbojournal

Turbojournal New Member

Instead of dragging and dropping app folders on the home screen as folders are always changing, is there a way to auto alphabetize folder apps on the home screen?

Advertisement
    :
  2. John Bean

John Bean Happy Wanderer Guide

Welcome to the forum :)

To answer your question fully I'd need to know which device and Android version you use, but in general the default Google launcher app (that's what displays the home screen) has no sorting capability but there are numerous other launchers available on the Play store that have :)
  3. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues - Crazy peacock person - Guide

Hi there, Turbojournal, and welcome to Android Forums. :)

As John said, if you let us know which phone you're using we can offer better help.
  4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Alphabetize the contents? Or the folders themselves? depends on the launcher you use. I use Nova Launcher Prime, so when I open folders there is an option for auto-sort to automatically alphabetize the contents.
  5. Turbojournal

Turbojournal New Member

Thanks everyone. I have the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 at 4.4.2 SM-N900T. I tried a few apps but they were horrible and took just as long as I'd I just organized them myself and were last updated years ago. Testing Nova now.
  6. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues - Crazy peacock person - Guide

Thanks for the info about your phone, Turbojournal. I've gone ahead and moved this thread to the Galaxy Note 3 board.