1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

How to apply a lag fix on 5690?Support

1. catanzaro27

catanzaro27 New Member

My new Xcover has lag, a lot. And I was wondering if it`s possible to apply a lagfix for this phone. I have Android 2.3.6 on it, do I need to root it as well if there is a lagfix posibility?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Csycsa

Csycsa Member

I don't think you must apply a lagfix for your phone.I have an Xcover too but mine doesn't have lag.Maybe it's an application running in the backround and eating up your phone's CPU resources.Check your installed applications ;)
  3. catanzaro27

catanzaro27 New Member

I don`t know about you but my phone has a lot of trouble "thinking" when exiting an app and entering another one. Don`t know why. It just takes a lot of time to execute commands and it`s verry slugish. I don`t know what to do to see what`s wrong with it.
  4. Csycsa

Csycsa Member

What version of firmware has your phone? What applications do you have installed? Oh and one thing,are you using any kind of task killer or are you used to click the free up memory button?
  5. catanzaro27

catanzaro27 New Member

I`ve allready written my version once, Android 2.3.6. Apps are stock, I have a few installed but not alot of them: tapatalk, facebook, twitter, messenger and 2 games: Angry Birds and Drag Racing. Stuff like that. I use Advanced Task Manager to kill apps but in like 1 minute all apps running are opening again so it`s no use for this task killer. If i set up to close the apps i`m not useing very often then i won`t do nothing only to kill my battery cuz they restart in about 1 min as i said. A lag fix would be the answer, as I used one on my former SGS but i can`t find any for Xcover...
  6. Csycsa

Csycsa Member

Don't use the task killer because it kills running background and cached apps,wich should run.And when they are restarting it's eating up your RAM and CPU and that's why you have lag.
  7. catanzaro27

catanzaro27 New Member

K, I won`t use it anymore. I`ll see if that helps.
  8. Csycsa

Csycsa Member

Ok,I forgot to say that you shouldn't use the free up memory future neither in the Task Manager.That also causes cached apps to close and the homescreen to become laggy\slow.