• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to ativate a unlocked galaxy nexus on sprint network

seekle

Lurker
Jul 16, 2012
I received my new unlocked galaxy nexus from Google Play last week. I am having trouble activating it on Sprint Network. The IMEI number won't work.

Do I need a SIM? If so, where do I get it? The customer support asked me for MEID, where do I get this number?

You cannot activate a GSM phone on a CDMA network (Sprint is CDMA only). You will have to use the phone on either T-Mobile, AT&T, or Straight Talk. They will provide the Sim Card you need.

Edit: Just to clarify because I know it's a bit confusing; Sprint directly sells the CDMA version of a Galaxy Nexus. The Google Play store sells the GSM version of the Galaxy Nexus. Most phone carriers in the USA are CDMA networks, but there are a small handful of other carriers that have a GSM network where you can use unlocked phones (T-Mobile & AT&T for example). Hope that made sense. ;)

Reactions: iowabowtech
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones