How to Attach Text Files to E-Mail???

Last Updated:

1. stjamesdawson

stjamesdawson New Member

I have a Maylong M-250 tablet running Android 2.2.

Dowloaded Notepad v1.3.7 app from the Android app store. Does anytone know if there is a any place where I can find instructions about the features of the application?

Specifically, what I need to find out is if there is a way to copy text, and to cut and paste text. Can I use any keyboard shortcuts to do things like this?

But the most important thing I need is a way to access the files I save using Notepad, and to send those files by e-mail. Right now, when I try to attach a text file that I have created in Notepad to an e-mail that I send from my GMail account, I get a window that says "No Media Found." (In other words, when I click the "Choose File" button when composing an e-mail on GMail, expecting to see a list of files from which I can choose one to attach, instead I get a black screen with the words "No Media Found."

I'm not sure why I'm not able to browse through files to find the Notepad-created file, and attach it the same way I would attach a text file on my other computers.

The Maylong M-250 does not come with any kind of text editor or word processing program, so I was hoping to use the Notepad program to create documents that I could attach to e-mails and send.

Any help that anyone can give would be appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. There really aren't user manuals for android apps. Most of them are so simple, you shouldn't need instructions. If you still need help, contact the developer.

Copying and pasting is done through the OS, not the app. Just long press what you want to copy, then long press when you want to paste it.

Are you sure you actually saved the file in the app? You can always use Astro file manager and search for it, you can also send it by email through Astro as well.
  3. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

I use "Melon", but most note apps will do this, just long press your note and a "share" option should appear, share with Gmail (or whatever email app you have) and it will attach to an email ready for sending.